The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Applicants 2014 Megathread

Hola! (Hello!)

Welcome to that time again....UCAS application time!!!! If you're looking at Aberystwyth as your port of call for university then this is the place to be. Since you've already found this thread you might want to read though the current student Q&A thread to see if any questions you may have...or may not! It's an interesting read and will fill you in with all the different things you possibly need to know.
Additionally there is the TSR's Aberystwyth University guide written by students for students so will tell you the hints and tips of the town that the uni fail to tell you!

So all is need now is a smily face (:smile:) and a welcome to the Aber TSR family! :cool:

As a small side note please keep any questions regarding the university or town in the student Q&A thread found here.
---
Connect to Aberystwyth here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seriously considering it for geography! :smile: Want to choose two out of Aber, Reading and Sussex though, will have to do some research! :redface:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Hi! Got accepted last year, I'm on gap year now. I will study Film and Television studies with English literature. Can't wait to start uni!! :smile:
Original post by Paramore<3
Seriously considering it for geography! :smile: Want to choose two out of Aber, Reading and Sussex though, will have to do some research! :redface:

I know a few people who study Geography and they seem to love it here. For subject location you can't really get much better, one way the Brecon Beacons and the other Snowdon...and then obviously we have the sea so there's lots of things to do around here if you like your physical geography. :smile: Get booked onto a open day and come see Aber for yourself, nothing to lose really and it won't cost you anything as Aber reimburse travel costs with the UK. :smile:

Original post by Jena116
Hi! Got accepted last year, I'm on gap year now. I will study Film and Television studies with English literature. Can't wait to start uni!! :smile:

Woooooooh! :smile: I'm living with a film student this year, as above, he's very complimentary about the course and similarly I've heard good things about English Lit and Lang. Aber just seems to be good at everything! :biggrin:

Enjoy your gap year. :smile:
Reply 4
Haha, yeah, I noticed. :smile: Actually Aber was my only choice because it offers excellent courses and I got this inexplicable feeling that I should study there. I'm super excited to start my course! :smile:
Reply 5
Im genuinely considering applying here for History. I got AACC at AS Level.

Seems a nice place, but is it too small and too quiet, just wondered?
Original post by M!17

Small it is, but quiet it is not. It's a very vibrant town with stuff always going on.
Reply 7
Ok, so it has a decent nightlife?
Reply 8
Considering applying for history and InterPol.
Reply 9
Original post by Lipvig

Im looking at History here too!
Reply 10
Original post by M!17
Im looking at History here too!

Awesome! I sent of my application today, now I'm constantly checking track in the hope of getting some early offers.
Reply 11
Original post by Lipvig
Awesome! I sent of my application today, now I'm constantly checking track in the hope of getting some early offers.

Im hoping to have mine sent by end of next week. On my last draft of my statement now!
Reply 12
Original post by M!17
Im hoping to have mine sent by end of next week. On my last draft of my statement now!

Wow, good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Lipvig
Wow, good luck!

Good luck to you too!
Original post by Lipvig

Original post by M!17

I'm doing History here now (third year - I don't want it to end!) Please just ask if you have any questions about the department :smile: (I can't answer for InterPol though).
Also, Aber nightlife is really good considering it's a small town. Lots of pubs and two clubs (three if you count the Union) so I'd say it's decent, and very cheap.
Reply 15
Original post by Skriblerier
I'm doing History here now (third year - I don't want it to end!) Please just ask if you have any questions about the department :smile: (I can't answer for InterPol though).
Also, Aber nightlife is really good considering it's a small town. Lots of pubs and two clubs (three if you count the Union) so I'd say it's decent, and very cheap.

What is the department like, facilities, contact time etc? Looks a really nice close knit university, but as I haven't attended an open day I don't know much about the department (only what the prospectus has told me!)

Cheers.
Reply 16
I will be an international student (from the United States) applying to Aberystwyth this year. I'm hoping to study both Film & Television Studies and Fine Art. Does anyone have any comments on these two courses, or on double majors in general? Also- as I'm slightly unfamiliar with the acceptance processes in the UK, is Aberystwyth a difficult school to get into? Thank you!
Reply 17
Got an offer today for my course.
Original post by Lipvig
Got an offer today for my course.
Wow! That's great. :smile:
Aber are usually pretty sharp with replying to applicants, but when you're in the UCAS cycle getting the offer only a week later is awesome. :biggrin:

Like I will to everyone else, can I suggest that you look at taking the entrance scholarship exams. Lots of people get something from it, like a merit award, £1000 and a guaranteed unconditional. Not bad for two 2 hour exams!
HEY!

Im applying to do Medieval History at Bangor, Trinity St Davids, Aber, Lancaster and Hull. I just wondered if anyone else was doing medieval history? Or had received offers from the other uni?

Xo :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest