The Student Room Group

How to deal with procrastination?

Hi everyone, I'm Brazilian.

In my 1st year at university I got really good scores in my classes with an average of 87 of 100

But nowadays I spend a lot of time procrastinating.
I sit in front of my computer to do my stuffs and passed 10 or 15 minutes I open a tab in browser and all begins. When I see, I already have lost hours.

Then, how I don't did the things when I have to, is inevitable that I have to go to bed late and my scores are dropping (6 of 10).
Will tell you later
Reply 2
Haaha Best Answer Ever!
Reply 3
you do realise starting a topic about how to deal with procrastination on TSR is actually procrastination?
I read this on stumbleupon (while procrastinating, of course :tongue:). If you get the urge to procrastinate, for example, to open chrome (or whatever you use), watch tv etc. just don't do anything for a second and let the urge pass. Usually for me, I don't realize that I'm opening a new tab and all of a sudden, I'm procrastinating. So I guess if you recognize what you're doing, and what it means for your future, you'll be able to stop yourself.
Reply 5
Take your laptop down to the library and turn off your WiFi. It works a treat.
Reply 6
Original post by smd4std
you do realise starting a topic about how to deal with procrastination on TSR is actually procrastination?

lol

yes, I thought about it when wrote this topic :biggrin:
Reply 7
go without internet for a while, as noobynoo said just go to the library with your laptop with wifi turned off. You'll usually get a lot of work done. Listening to music can also help as long as it's not distracting.
There are also website blockers that you can use on your browser/computer that black distracting websites such as youtube/facebook.
Reply 8
Original post by high
go without internet for a while, as noobynoo said just go to the library with your laptop with wifi turned off. You'll usually get a lot of work done. Listening to music can also help as long as it's not distracting.
There are also website blockers that you can use on your browser/computer that black distracting websites such as youtube/facebook.

It's a good idea turn off the wifi, but to turn on I have just to press a button :rolleyes:

I read sometime that we usually procrastinate when don't want to do what we have to do. We want the reward but don't the way to get it

Do you people in this topic procrastinate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending