The Student Room Group

Tommy robinson refused service at selfridges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzjyyfGD04

haha i wouldnt serve him too!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno-thriller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzjyyfGD04

haha i wouldnt serve him too!

Because he has different beliefs to you? Very professional.

Something may have gone on before that but if nothing did and the guy behind the till just refused to serve him because of his links to the EDL then he's a bit of a soft arse. His job is to serve people.
From the video, it doesn't sound like that was the start of the exchange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I think the chap behind the counter was unbelievably unprofessional....

Spoiler

I think the guy was just being an arse because it's Tommy Robinson. The other two staff members are fine with him and serve him.
Reply 5
I don't see why people hate him so much. I dont like his mindless goons, but you can't hate him. He's genuine. His heart may be in the wrong place but he is genuine.

I dont see why anyone serves anjem choudhary anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
First of all, if something has gone on before, why are the other two employees willing to serve him?

Second of all, and most importantly: It's terribly unprofessional. One's personal beliefs should not interfere with work.

It's pretty much the same thing as someone refusing to serve a customer because of their religion, thus beliefs. But that's wrong, isn't it?

Original post by Ggmu!
I don't see why people hate him so much

The mock outrage and point scoring surrounding the EDL & in particular Tommy Robinson is embarrassing. You only have to watch Tommy's appearance on Free Speech to see that.
Reply 8
Such a strict set of rules people have to abide to otherwise you're a second class citizen. He thinks what he thinks, he has an absolute, fundamental right to believe that, to buy whatever he wants, wherever he wants. 'Freedom of Speech', a meaningless slogan; 'Conform or Rot' might fit the bill better.

Fascism goes both ways.
Reply 9
Original post by Jjj90
Fascism goes both ways.

If I was the manager I'd fire whoever refused service.
Reply 10
I wouldn't serve him either.
Reply 11
Original post by Wilfred Little
The mock outrage and point scoring surrounding the EDL & in particular Tommy Robinson is embarrassing. You only have to watch Tommy's appearance on Free Speech to see that.

I thought they treated him terribly on that show.

Lol free speech is a joke. Full of idiots in the audience, idiot panel and idiot presenters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Because he has different beliefs to you? Very professional.

Something may have gone on before that but if nothing did and the guy behind the till just refused to serve him because of his links to the EDL then he's a bit of a soft arse. His job is to serve people.

Who said i have beliefs:confused:
Original post by techno-thriller
Who said i have beliefs:confused:

Well why wouldn't you serve him?
I would refuse to serve him too. Why is he bringing a camera in the store? Is he authorized to film inside the store?
Reply 15
If i was the boss of the shop (looks like a top end shot maybe Armani or something) I would understand if my employee would not want to serve Tommy because of his links to the EDL. Some people don't like thugs mocking their religion, so why would they want to serve the man who started it all. I would not want to serve Anjum Chowhury and I am Muslim. Because of the word "Serve" I do not want to benefit such people or "Serve" them, but at the same time I don't want to cause them harm, I just want them to stay away from me.

But yeah the full story is not shown in the video, i think there was def something that happened before which the video does not show.
If you don't want to 'serve' someone then you shouldn't have a job in the service industry, simple as. How terrible juvenile and immature of him.

I disagree with almost everything that comes out of Tommy Robinson's mouth, but unlike a lot of others, I like to think I understand the concepts of irony and hypocrisy too.
Original post by Kutta
If i was the boss of the shop (looks like a top end shot maybe Armani or something)

Read the thread title :smile:.

I would understand if my employee would not want to serve Tommy because of his links to the EDL. Some people don't like thugs mocking their religion, so why would they want to serve the man who started it all.

His links to the EDL are nothing to do with the shop, once he's inside he's a customer like everybody else and their job is to serve customers, that's what they're ****ing paid to do.

I would not want to serve Anjum Chowhury and I am Muslim. Because of the word "Serve" I do not want to benefit such people or "Serve" them, but at the same time I don't want to cause them harm, I just want them to stay away from me.

But yeah the full story is not shown in the video, i think there was def something that happened before which the video does not show.

It's a possibility (which I pointed out) but there is nothing to indicate it from that, Tommy isn't being aggressive at all. He says this bloke told him to **** off and you hear him say 'yeah' in the background and 'I'm not serving you'. Both of the other assistants are nice as pie to Tommy. If he'd been kicking off or being abusive that wouldn't be the case, and the only thing the security bloke said was to stop filming.
EDL as far as I know is not yet anti-black.

However, they are anti-Islam and Muslim.

Understandable. The employee has d right not to serve, him tommy has the right to be served. What his bosses do as a result friends what us in his contract and Gide of conduct.

The other employees were not "nice as pie" they were just trying to de-escalate the issue. And only the women was the man seemed indifferent.

He was well in his rights, but swearing at him now that is lack of professionalism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah60000
EDL as far as I know is not yet anti-black.

However, they are anti-Islam and Muslim.

Wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending