The Student Room Group

Bankers & Traders: how much you save in london per year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadhukar
What bank pays their 2nd year analysts £150k please tell me when the GS NY IBD desk earns $120k max all-in.

I don't think you work in the industry mate.

You have no idea mate, if you make 10mm $ as a 2nd year trader, you'll easily get $200k all in comp and £150k not unheard of. And GS don't pay juniors the best in the industry, that you think they do shows you have no idea.
Original post by DerPumuckl
You have no idea mate, if you make 10mm $ as a 2nd year trader, you'll easily get $200k all in comp and £150k not unheard of. And GS don't pay juniors the best in the industry, that you think they do shows you have no idea.

har har har 2nd year traders are allowed to handle 8 digit figure accounts.

If the whole forum is laughing at you and calling you out, I think it's time to call it quits man. Look I'm sure your 2nd tier Russell uni is great, it's just not great enough for this line of work. I'm sorry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sadhukar
har har har 2nd year traders are allowed to handle 8 digit figure accounts.

If the whole forum is laughing at you and calling you out, I think it's time to call it quits man. Look I'm sure your 2nd tier Russell uni is great, it's just not great enough for this line of work. I'm sorry.

What's a "8 digit figure account"? Do you know the difference between PnL & sales revs, traders and sales people? Do you know what it means to be managing 100k dv01? If you did, you would know you'd get or expected to get paid for it.
Original post by DerPumuckl
What's a "8 digit figure account"? Do you know the difference between PnL & sales revs, traders and sales people? Do you know what it means to be managing 100k dv01? If you did, you would know you'd get or expected to get paid for it.

You just basically said if I know the difference between Profit and Loss, traders and sales people and whether if I know what a 100,000$ bond account is. Those things have no correlation to each other and are basic terms which a high school student would know. But nice try though, did you pick those up in finance class today, Mr. B-student?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by uxa595
Lol, you get 28k in Central London ?
That's harsh. You actually must get hourly Mcdonalds wages in you factor in you ACA training time.

Well we do about half the hours of FO and get about half the pay so we're all in the same boat really
Original post by Hedgeman49
Well we do about half the hours of FO and get about half the pay so we're all in the same boat really

MO and BO both get about 10k more than you at more or less the same amount of work. Some MO and BO positions like Quant and Algotrading have similar raises to when you get qualified.

Seriously, Big 4 sucks. A lot of my friends got the hell out of dodge as soon as they qualified and went onto smaller accountancies, they pay much nicer.
This is all crazy talk, I'm on 28k and live in a house share right next to Canary Wharf (£750pm) and am still saving a few hundy a month. You guys on 60k with no time to spend any of it should be rolling in savings

In a less ridiculous location you could rent a spacious house for that, rather than student digs.
Original post by Observatory
In a less ridiculous location you could rent a spacious house for that, rather than student digs.

I have a spacious house. It's a three-floored Victorian townhouse
I have a spacious house. It's a three-floored Victorian townhouse

You have a room in someone else's spacious house.
You have a room in someone else's spacious house.

I still get the use of the rest of the spacious house.
I still get the use of the rest of the spacious house.

Well yes, and when I lived in halls I had the use of a very large common room and a games room with several pool tables. Today, I technically live in a palace and have the use of a large concert hall, a tower, a library, and several other rooms whose purpose is not clear to me. But there is in fact some difference between this and being sole occupant.
Well yes, and when I lived in halls I had the use of a very large common room and a games room with several pool tables. Today, I technically live in a palace and have the use of a large concert hall, a tower, a library, and several other rooms whose purpose is not clear to me. But there is in fact some difference between this and being sole occupant.

I am happy to pay a premium for the location. I have an 8 minute walk to work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending