The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koyyj127
Why are you classified as an international applicant then ._.

this is the answer I am trying to find out :-

Apparently, holding a passport and staying in Uk for studying do NOT means that the person is ORDINARILY RESIDING in UK for uni fee purpose (this is the only black and white from the UK government paper).

The interpretation of the term "ORDINARILY RESIDING in UK" seems various from what I heard like
1. Have a home address in UK
2. stay in Uk for >= three years
3. have taxable income from UK (how much???) for the past 3 years

This is why I posted this question here. However, it seems no definite answers so far.....
Original post by ferdinandloo
Aww just called CUHK Medicine they said most spaces have been filled up now, so the chance I stand is low :frown: Any news for you guys?

Not heard from them. Sigh.................

When did you call them?

Their action is quick in making the final decision after yesterday (Wed) interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm wondering if any GCE applicants receive the offer....
I wanna know is there any GCE applicants with an offer too! the waiting is killing me
Original post by newtnewt
Not heard from them. Sigh.................

When did you call them?

Their action is quick in making the final decision after yesterday (Wed) interview.

Called at around 5pm today, and she explicitly said that she thinks "my chance is low because most offers have already been made"

This is so depressing after a whole month's wait :frown:
Called at around 5pm today, and she explicitly said that she thinks "my chance is low because most offers have already been made"

This is so depressing after a whole month's wait :frown:

I think your quoted sentence applies to anyone who haven't receive any call from them. Sigh...think I will call them tomorrow and face the reality.

Forgot your background...Are you a graduate applicant?
Reply 386
Any one else (graduate applicant ) received an offer from HKU lately? I still haven't heard from them.............
Did anyone call HKU?
I think your quoted sentence applies to anyone who haven't receive any call from them. Sigh...think I will call them tomorrow and face the reality.

Forgot your background...Are you a graduate applicant?

Graduate interviewed on 25 July! Her answer was quite depressing and she said I might not even be on the waiting list... not sure if that's supposed to be good or bad news.
Graduate interviewed on 25 July! Her answer was quite depressing and she said I might not even be on the waiting list... not sure if that's supposed to be good or bad news.

did you call the general admission office or medicine office?
Original post by ceci13579
did you call the general admission office or medicine office?

Must be the latter since the most up-to-date and the decision was made by the medical faculty. Medical faculty had the full set of information.

The general admission office just serves as an agent---in receiving and endorsing your application to respective offices and sending out official offer/reject letter.
Must be the latter since the most up-to-date and the decision was made by the medical faculty. Medical faculty had the full set of information.

The general admission office just serves as an agent---in receiving and endorsing your application to respective offices and sending out official offer/reject letter.

Exactly, the medical faculty has the most up-to-date info
Exactly, the medical faculty has the most up-to-date info

Called CUHK today and should be the same lady receiving my call last week.

After I provided my application number, her tone sounds become puzzling and embarrassing and needs a few seconds before starting the next sentence. And she said I was on waiting list.

Then I asked about my position on the waiting list. The reply was "There are many different categories of students. Therefore, it is difficult to judge and there is no such full list regarding positioning. And there are many students on waiting list too."

She confirmed with me that in this stage, places may not be available unless somebody gave up the offer.

Finally, she advised me to wait until next week.

Start losing hope now T_T
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 393
congratulations! you mean you just received 15mins before??
I am a local Hong Kong resident. I received the phone call at 5:30pm Hong Kong time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodluckforexam
I am a local Hong Kong resident. I received the phone call at 5:30pm Hong Kong time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Would you mind telling more about your background (e.g. graduate applicant? when did you have your interview?)

Regarding my reply above, that means I sucked T_T
Called CUHK today and should be the same lady receiving my call last week.

After I provided my application number, her tone sounds become puzzling and embarrassing and needs a few seconds before starting the next sentence. And she said I was on waiting list.

Then I asked about my position on the waiting list. The reply was "There are many different categories of students. Therefore, it is difficult to judge and there is no such full list regarding positioning. And there are many students on waiting list too."

She confirmed with me that in this stage, places may not be available unless somebody gave up the offer.

Finally, she advised me to wait until next week.

Start losing hope now T_T

I believe I'm in the exact same situation T^T gg...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by goodluckforexam
I use my IAL exam results to apply which is the same as GCE A-Level. I have just completed Year 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you have the interview?
I had my interview on 20/8 which should be the last round of interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending