The Student Room Group

EE sales advisor in-store interview!

Hey guys, I've just been invited to an in store interview as a sales advisor and they told me its split into three parts 1.) sales pitch 2.) competency based interview 3.) role play
I'm really nervous I've never had a interview before and i really want to know more about the role play bit!
anyone who's been through this or works as a sales advisor could you reply back ASAP please
thanks 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Flourishingmind
Hey guys, I've just been invited to an in store interview as a sales advisor and they told me its split into three parts 1.) sales pitch 2.) competency based interview 3.) role play
I'm really nervous I've never had a interview before and i really want to know more about the role play bit!
anyone who's been through this or works as a sales advisor could you reply back ASAP please
thanks

Sounds like a full on interview. I used to work in sales years ago but didn't have something as in depth for my interview. I'd assume the role play part is you taking the role of sale advisor and the interviewer asking you some common customer questions about phones, tariffs and customer service. They'll most likely try and catch you out but whatever you do don't lie or try and blag it, when I was in sales it was much better to say 'I don't know but I can check with someone who does' than give the customer false information.

Try pitching to your friends and family and asking them what they'd want to know if they were buying a new mobile. If you can get a grandparent or someone who doesn't know anything about mobiles to do it you'll get a really good idea of the knowledge you'll need.
Original post by K
Sounds like a full on interview. I used to work in sales years ago but didn't have something as in depth for my interview. I'd assume the role play part is you taking the role of sale advisor and the interviewer asking you some common customer questions about phones, tariffs and customer service. They'll most likely try and catch you out but whatever you do don't lie or try and blag it, when I was in sales it was much better to say 'I don't know but I can check with someone who does' than give the customer false information.

Try pitching to your friends and family and asking them what they'd want to know if they were buying a new mobile. If you can get a grandparent or someone who doesn't know anything about mobiles to do it you'll get a really good idea of the knowledge you'll need.

Oh okay thank a for that but i dont't get how i would be selling a phone if i do not know the price plans and stuff like that I'm going to have to make it up aren't i? What other tips could you give me to add to my interview please :smile:
Reply 3
Oh okay thank a for that but i dont't get how i would be selling a phone if i do not know the price plans and stuff like that I'm going to have to make it up aren't i? What other tips could you give me to add to my interview please :smile:

You can easily get an idea of their most popular plans and phones from their website so could be fairly well prepared on that.
Reply 4
thanks

how did your interview go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending