The Student Room Group

Really bad sore throat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SharminaSyeda
Yeah I can feel my immune system weakening by the minute! Think I need to go to the chemists now though! Feel better soon! xx

I'm just gonna ride it out and hope tonight isn't as bad as last nights hah. Lemme know if the throat spray is any good! You too :smile:
Reply 21
My throat is in agony, I can't even describe what I think is happening but it feels inflamed, like it has spikes going down and it hurts when I swallow. I can't eat certain things because it becomes uncomfortable to chew on, all I've been doing is chugging the warm water and it relieves the pain for like 5mins but mostly its just caused me to go the toilet every two mins! What else can I do :frown:(

P.s. quote me when replying please

This is exactly me since Saturday morning! I went to the doctors yesterday as my mum was worried that it may be tonsillitis, luckily it wasn't! They told me that my throat glands were swollen and inflamed and to take regular paracetamol and ibuprofen, and that it would go in a week ish.
I miss solid food :frown:
I don't have lemon I have lime will that work?

It will taste worse but i suppose. It's really the ginger that makes your throat better, the lemon and honey make it taste better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
For fast and effective sore-throat relief, nothing beats an old-fashioned saltwater gargle. Salt acts as a mild antiseptic, and also draws water out of mucous membranes in the throat, which helps to clear phlegm. Dissolve a half-teaspoon salt in a glass of warm water, gargle and spit out. Repeat up to four times a day.

Alternatively, gargle with a baking-soda solution. Dissolve one-half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water.

Run a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier in your bedroom. Adding moisture to the air will help keep the air from drying out and prevent the lining of your throat from becoming too dry. If you don’t have a humidifier, place a bowl of water on your radiator or heating vent each night. It will work as well as a store-bought device.

Quick Reply

Latest