The Student Room Group

Business Studies Homework Help

Hiya, just been given this case study and the following questions.

How would you go about answering these and what kind of things would you include?

Thanks a lot

Tom

Case Study

Tyrrell's potato chips produces crisps from it's own potatoes for selected stores and delicatessens. The owner, William Chase, decided to move out of just selling potatoes to producing handmade crisps. So his company adds value to potatoes by combining them with various flavourings, cooking them and branding them. He sells his crisps in stores such as selfridges, Harvey Nichols and Waitrose.

Questions

1. Explain how Tyrrel's might undertake market research for a new flavour of crisps ( 5 Marks )

2. Analayse the ways in which Tyrrell's adds value ( 10 Marks )

3. To what extent are the actions of the competitors likely to be the key factor in influencing demand for Tyrell's crisps? Justify your answer ( 15 Marks )

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Reply 1
Can anyone help, would be really grateful if you could!
Reply 2
Or if you can't help, point me in the direction of someone that can please, i'm getting desperate now

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by TommoN
Hiya, just been given this case study and the following questions.

How would you go about answering these and what kind of things would you include?

Thanks a lot

Tom

Case Study

Tyrrell's potato chips produces crisps from it's own potatoes for selected stores and delicatessens. The owner, William Chase, decided to move out of just selling potatoes to producing handmade crisps. So his company adds value to potatoes by combining them with various flavourings, cooking them and branding them. He sells his crisps in stores such as selfridges, Harvey Nichols and Waitrose.

Questions

1. Explain how Tyrrel's might undertake market research for a new flavour of crisps ( 5 Marks )

2. Analayse the ways in which Tyrrell's adds value ( 10 Marks )

3. To what extent are the actions of the competitors likely to be the key factor in influencing demand for Tyrell's crisps? Justify your answer ( 15 Marks )

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Number 1: I'd discuss questionnaires, focus groups, market research reports, maybe something about quantitative/qualitative data
Number 2: First, identify the ways, e.g. High quality brand image, flavouring and preparing the potatoes, then say how they good they are and any disadvantages, followed by a conclusion.
Number 3: Identify the possible ways, then the other things that could affect it then conclude about which has the bigger effect.

I'm only a GCSE student but I hope I can be of some help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending