Camp America 2014!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone done a video application? I want to do one but not sure how :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by smudge_moon
Cool, good luck!!

Yes, I have. I was placed in under 48h, must be a record!!! :P I'm going to International Gymnastics Camp in Pennsylvania x

Ooh exciting, congrats!
It now says they are waiting on my police check certificate, And I have to post that to them when i get the certificate? Is that sounding about right? X
Reply 62
Original post by cwhytex
Ooh exciting, congrats!
It now says they are waiting on my police check certificate, And I have to post that to them when i get the certificate? Is that sounding about right? X

Do you have to send that off before you're ready to be placed? Cos mine is the same except it doesn't say it when I log in but when I contacted camp america they said someone made a note on my application about the crb. When I phoned up he said that it can take 2-6weeks to come through and I just have to send them it but I didn't ask about being ready to be placed before I've sent it off. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cwhytex
Ooh exciting, congrats!

I haven't received mine yet, but I suggest photocopying, keeping 2 spare copies (one for you, one for home/record) and then sending it off recorded delivery :P Sounds about right :P x
Reply 64
Original post by Fabay
Do you have to send that off before you're ready to be placed? Cos mine is the same except it doesn't say it when I log in but when I contacted camp america they said someone made a note on my application about the crb. When I phoned up he said that it can take 2-6weeks to come through and I just have to send them it but I didn't ask about being ready to be placed before I've sent it off. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my - what a kaffuffle! Theyre now telling me they have only have one of my paper references even though I sent them both in the same package recorded delivery? So not really sure how that's possible...
So I am still waiting on my police form, and now waiting to hear what the situation is with this 'missing' reference! x
Original post by rkerr94
Hi guys, this has probably been asked like a gazillion times but yeah..

Got my interview in just under 2 weeks. What sort of stuff are they looking for? Just talking about your childcare experience and sporting activities? Also how long does the interview tend to take?

thanks and good luck everyone!

Hello.

My interview was from 7:45pm (I was early) until 9:15pm. We chatted a little bit though and had a laugh. It's really relaxed. She just asked me to go into detail about my skills and childcare experience, its just about going into more detail and they can ask you a bit more about it. Like I had arts and crafts and she just wanted to know more about what I've done and what I can teach from it. I have no sporting experience, so I don't know where everyone thinks you need sports from? I was placed just under 2 days after I was ready to place!!

Just smile a lot and ask questions, ask what their camp experience was like and stuff. Mine was really happy I asked about it and I actually got a really good insight into camp life!!

Good luck!!
Reply 66
Hello.

My interview was from 7:45pm (I was early) until 9:15pm. We chatted a little bit though and had a laugh. It's really relaxed. She just asked me to go into detail about my skills and childcare experience, its just about going into more detail and they can ask you a bit more about it. Like I had arts and crafts and she just wanted to know more about what I've done and what I can teach from it. I have no sporting experience, so I don't know where everyone thinks you need sports from? I was placed just under 2 days after I was ready to place!!

Just smile a lot and ask questions, ask what their camp experience was like and stuff. Mine was really happy I asked about it and I actually got a really good insight into camp life!!

Good luck!!

Brilliant thankyou :smile: and congrats on getting placed X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Fabay

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't done one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Fabay

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't yet but think im gonna do one. Apparently only around half of applicants make one so it really boosts your application 😜
I don't have any ridiculously impressive skills so I think it'd be good for getting personality across etc 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by rkerr94
I haven't yet but think im gonna do one. Apparently only around half of applicants make one so it really boosts your application 😜
I don't have any ridiculously impressive skills so I think it'd be good for getting personality across etc 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's why I want to do one. But my skills are things that I don't have pics of and can't record e.g. Swimming cos I'm not allowed pictures in the swimming pool at the gym and work experience with kids etc. So, I don't know how I'm going to make it good. Could I literally just talk about myself and what's in my application? But without sounding boring lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Fabay
Yeah that's why I want to do one. But my skills are things that I don't have pics of and can't record e.g. Swimming cos I'm not allowed pictures in the swimming pool at the gym and work experience with kids etc. So, I don't know how I'm going to make it good. Could I literally just talk about myself and what's in my application? But without sounding boring lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few people have said that's all they've done, as long as you seem friendly and enthusiastic it should be good :smile: there's a good videos on YouTube that give you an idea of what to do. Just search camp america application X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you PM I'll give you the link to mine :smile:
Reply 72
If you PM I'll give you the link to mine :smile:

Thanks I'll do it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
This sounds stupid and random but will there be bears close to the camps? I'd scared if I saw a real bear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
I've been scaring myself and googling it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Could someone help me with the police check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Does anyone know whether we can contact camps directly to get hired? And if so, what to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Does anyone know whether we can contact camps directly to get hired? And if so, what to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can, but its not recommended until your desperate, as a lot of camps will start hiring dec-april time really :smile:
Reply 78
You can, but its not recommended until your desperate, as a lot of camps will start hiring dec-april time really :smile:

Ah right! Thank you, I think I'll leave it then. I'm now ready to be placed!! So exciting, I keep logging into camp america to check if I've been placed. Do you get an email when you've been placed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Ah right! Thank you, I think I'll leave it then. I'm now ready to be placed!! So exciting, I keep logging into camp america to check if I've been placed. Do you get an email when you've been placed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get an email from a camp asking for a skype interview, then they will tell you on your interview, or you will get an email saying you've been placed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest