The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry terrible typos on that last one, if you have a good portfolio they may consider you, or if you get an A* A B cause it makes up for the 3As they ask for. Well at least that is what I was told by the lecturer
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by chloececee
whats your favourite accommodation here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like the look of New Bridge Street Residence:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/facilities/acc/halls/newbridge/

Or Camden Court:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/facilities/acc/halls/camden/?view=Standard

Had a tour around both during the open day, also had a look round Glenamara House but it felt really dark and small. But that's my opinion :smile:
Is anyone else applying for Biomedical Science? I'm not sure if this is my first or second choice, it's between here and Keele! Any thoughts on which one I should go for?
I'm applying for psychology :smile: Anyone else?
Reply 24
I'm applying for business and marketing management!!
Reply 25
I'm applying for law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjn96
I'm applying for law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm at Newcastle doing Law, and a few of my friends got into Northumbria Law with BCD at A2 so you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by laurasmileninja
I'm applying for psychology :smile: Anyone else?

I'm applying for psychology with criminology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I'm applying for English language :smile: anyone got any information about the uni as I can't make the open day this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'm applying for either Law with International Business or Business Management. Haven't finished my personal statement yet though!
Reply 30
Original post by AvengeNedStark
I'm at Newcastle doing Law, and a few of my friends got into Northumbria Law with BCD at A2 so you'll be fine :smile:

I'm predicted ABB so I'm hoping ill get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else applying for Geography/ BA Geography? I've taken a gap year so i'll be 20 by the time I start so i'm not sure if that'll feel weird, although I look about 12 so I don't think anyone will notice.
Also, did anyone go to the last visit day and know if you get to look round all the accommodation or just some of them? Camden court looks really good, since the flats are smaller than the rest, and they have en-suites, so I hope I get to look round it. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by feathergirl
Is anyone else applying for Geography/ BA Geography? I've taken a gap year so i'll be 20 by the time I start so i'm not sure if that'll feel weird, although I look about 12 so I don't think anyone will notice.
Also, did anyone go to the last visit day and know if you get to look round all the accommodation or just some of them? Camden court looks really good, since the flats are smaller than the rest, and they have en-suites, so I hope I get to look round it. :smile:

I look about 12 too, genuinely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
don't worry feathergirl, im on an access course and will also be 20 when going to university, my brother started at 21 and nobody noticed!
Original post by sjn96
I look about 12 too, genuinely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JCharrison
don't worry feathergirl, im on an access course and will also be 20 when going to university, my brother started at 21 and nobody noticed!

Thanks guys, that's good to hear!
Original post by feathergirl

I went to the open day on the 28th September and was able to tour around the following accommodation:

Camden Court

Glenamara House

New Bridge Street residence

And some others...

According to the October open day guide you can visit:

Victoria Hall

Claude Gibb

Knoll Court

Here's the link for the Open Day programme :smile:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/markpdf/odoct13city
Original post by connorl9382
I went to the open day on the 28th September and was able to tour around the following accommodation:

Camden Court

Glenamara House

New Bridge Street residence

And some others...

According to the October open day guide you can visit:

Victoria Hall

Claude Gibb

Knoll Court

Here's the link for the Open Day programme :smile:
http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/static/5007/markpdf/odoct13city

Thanks! The program wasn't online the other day. At least i'll be able to look round some accommodation, the course talks are the most important thing to attend.
Reply 37
can you guys visiting accommodation do me a big favour? I work weekends so can not go to an open day, could you let me know how it goes, what the accommodation is like, maybe take some pictures?? may also help some other people in this thread, thanks!!!
Original post by JCharrison
can you guys visiting accommodation do me a big favour? I work weekends so can not go to an open day, could you let me know how it goes, what the accommodation is like, maybe take some pictures?? may also help some other people in this thread, thanks!!!

I might not be able to go to all the accommodation, but I will do my best to take some photos and give you an idea of what it's like :smile:
Reply 39
I have pictures of the two of the accommodation up on my blog fearsdesires . Com but if you go on the website they do have a 360 tour of the rooms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending