The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calca
Me too, received a conditional offer earlier today!

Same, got my offer in December though :smile: Is it your first choice?
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 381
Original post by supremelise
Same, got my offer in December though :smile: Is it your first choice?

Leeds College of Art is my first choice I have an interview there in march but Northumbria is a close second, now that I've had an offer I'm thinking about it more. Is it your first choice?
Original post by Calca
Leeds College of Art is my first choice I have an interview there in march but Northumbria is a close second, now that I've had an offer I'm thinking about it more. Is it your first choice?

Good Luck for your interview :smile: And yeah I've already firmed Northumbria, Northampton is my insurance.
Reply 383
Original post by supremelise
Good Luck for your interview :smile: And yeah I've already firmed Northumbria, Northampton is my insurance.

Thank you! And that's great have you visited Northumbria uni to see what it's like?
Original post by Calca
Thank you! And that's great have you visited Northumbria uni to see what it's like?

Yeah I knew I wanted to go there but going to the open day confirmed it. It was just a lovely atmosphere and the course talk session we had was really good :smile: I'd reccommend going to an open or applicant day.
Reply 385
Original post by Calca
Me too, received a conditional offer earlier today!

AWESOME!
Is Glenamara nice accommodation to say it's not ensuite? I have accepted Northumbria as my firm but haven't applied for accommodation yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Just got an unconditional offer for Web Design & Development :banana:
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Still waiting to hear about physio ahhhhh it's driving me mad desperate for an offer!!!

Hey still.waiting for something from northumbria for physio too!!! The wait is killing me lol :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by Shodann
Just got an unconditional offer for Web Design & Development :banana:

Nice one! I received my offer before Christmas for Web Design & Development. Have you chosen to do a placement year as well or is yours just a 3 year course?
Reply 390
Original post by Baryla
Nice one! I received my offer before Christmas for Web Design & Development. Have you chosen to do a placement year as well or is yours just a 3 year course?

I only chose courses with a years work placement, as I have pretty much 0 IT work experience only accounting & retail (which actually helped to narrow down my choices more :P )

Just got the email for applicant open day, will probably go on Sat 15th Feb.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 391
lol there's a talk at 10am for the open day, if I leave home (Southend) at 4am=earliest train I can get to Newcastle Central at 9:50 but I would still have a 18 min walk :angry: I might have to find a hotel/inn...going to bean expensiv trip lol :colonhash:
Reply 392
Haha unlucky. I chose a Web Design & Development with placement year as well. I have a lot of experience with web design etc. but I will definitely benefit from a placement year.
Reply 393
Original post by Baryla
Haha unlucky. I chose a Web Design & Development with placement year as well. I have a lot of experience with web design etc. but I will definitely benefit from a placement year.

So is Northumbria your firm choice or still undecided?

I went for Northumbria, Worcester, Loughborough, Teeside and Edge Hill.
I pretty much applied for places that had a) a Placement year b) Relevant skills/languages in the modules.

Then I'll visit each one to really make my choice.
Reply 394
Got an offer to study Applied Sport and Exercise Science. Any one else in the same boat?:smile:
Original post by Choppers94
Is Glenamara nice accommodation to say it's not ensuite? I have accepted Northumbria as my firm but haven't applied for accommodation yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's nice but the rooms aren't as big as say stephenson building. also I don't think you really have a seating area there, it's just one big kitchen with plastic table and chairs at one end. what other accommodation you thinking of applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shodann
lol there's a talk at 10am for the open day, if I leave home (Southend) at 4am=earliest train I can get to Newcastle Central at 9:50 but I would still have a 18 min walk :angry: I might have to find a hotel/inn...going to bean expensiv trip lol :colonhash:

Stay at the Premier Inn, then complain you had a bad night's sleep and you get refunded :wink: That's what we did when my Mum and I went up for the open day (she only complained as we did actually have a bad night - clubs right over the road so was quite noisy)
Guys, is anyone else applying for trinity square, victoria halls or winn studios? I'm not sure what to put as my 4th choice. I was thinking student castle but its too expensive! I don't want to be somewhere too quiet, but i don't want to be somewhere thats constantly loud either haha.
Original post by Meganstorey3
Guys, is anyone else applying for trinity square, victoria halls or winn studios? I'm not sure what to put as my 4th choice. I was thinking student castle but its too expensive! I don't want to be somewhere too quiet, but i don't want to be somewhere thats constantly loud either haha.

Winn studios is my second option, woulf have applied for trinity square but there wasn't enough info on prices. And same lol I want somewhere that is quiet when needed :smile:
Reply 399
Yeah I chose Northumbria as my firm choice. That's what I did as well. My options were Northumbria, Hull (Scarborough campus), Huddersfield, Portsmouth and Teesside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending