The Student Room Group

How'd you meet your other half?:)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JennaEmBee
Posted this in the other thread

I met my boyfriend in 2005 when I was 14. I was waiting in my village for some friends on a gorgeous day. A bloody noisy blue motorbike came roaring down the street, carrying a leather jacket clad boy with rosy cheeks. He got off his bike and walked over to me. He had ruffled blond hair and puppy dog brown eyes. He asked, "hey, are you Sam D?". I said no, slightly peeved as I had some issues with this Sam girl who was trying to steal my current love interest from me. The rest of the day went as planned with friends.

In bed that night I received a text from a random number saying something like "hey, I'm the guy from today on the bike, what are you doing?". It turns out he'd asked around and got my number from a boy I knew. This wasn't easy for him though as apparently this boy was interested in me, so he lied and said we were cousins.

He spent the rest of the summer trying to convince me to be his girlfriend. I remember one night I was doing my little typewriter dance to Dolly Parton 9-5 and he suddenly flung me over his shoulder and carried me to the river. I think I was sold that night. He was 3 years older, so I was apprehensive. But he was irresistible.

Friends said there's no way we'd last even 6 months, what with me being a swatty goody two shoes and him being a bike riding rebel type who was banned from prom. But he's my rebel and I wouldn't change him for the world. It's been 8 years and we've grown up together, I was 14 when we got together and I'm 22 now. He pushes me to be my best, tells me I can do whatever I set my mind to. He said 2 years ago that I should give up my full time job in a shop to go back to college and uni to do whatever I want, and that he would support me financially while I'm in education. He won't let me watch TV til i'm done with my work. I feel so lucky that we found each other so early, and now I'm feeling a bit soppy so I'm going to give him a big cuddle even though he's bugging me with his extremely loud snoring.

The other replies to this post were right.....

This is so cute!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Hahaha, it was equally my fault. :tongue: You have to tell us how you met yours now. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Met him a bar, we talked the whole night, I gave him my number before I went home.. text him literally 24/7. Turned out he was a soldier.. so he had to go to Scotland so now we only have cyber interactions for a while! (Boo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Everyones story is so cute!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfissti
We met while I was on a school trip to Stonehenge, I saw this girl who very much reminded me of the Swedish singer Marie Fredriksson from the band Roxette except this girl is way better looking :-) she was seated on a mat enjoying the sun. I told one of my mates I wished I could talk to her. Somehow it spread to the entire group I was interested in "that girl with strange dress sense" my housemaster then gave me his camera and asked me to ask her to take a picture for us. I was so so jittery but went up to her and asked "Excuse me miss, could you please help us take a picture?" She said sure, I gave her the camera and ran to stand with the group so could pose for several pictures. After that I went to her to retrieve the camera, but I first thanked her, told her my name and school I attended , she told me her name and that she had never heard of my school, then one of my mates came up took the camera from me and asked me to stand with her he would take a picture of her and me, well we took a picture while my whole class kept asking me to go closer to her, she put her arm around me and there was our first picture that we still keep. After that she took out a pen and wrote on my hand her telephone number, she told me to call her so I could give her a copy of the photo. She thought "This posh, arrogant but cute little boy" wouldn't dare call her. Needless to say I was very eager for that camera to snap 36 shots :smile: so it could be developed.

After the film was developed my mates at the house kept bugging me to call her, I kept telling them the number was most probably fake. But 2 weeks after that trip I gave the number a call and it turned out not to be a fake number :smile: I asked her if she could take the train to Winchester so could give her the photo and I promised to show her the cathedral as well as a special tour of my school that she never heard off :tongue: The rest is history been 21 years now :smile:

Aw, this is really cute, isn't it strange to think how it all began?
Reply 24
At a Clash concert, on the moon. It was a dream.
Reply 25
In secondary school, we are now married
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Agata
Met him a bar, we talked the whole night, I gave him my number before I went home.. text him literally 24/7. Turned out he was a soldier.. so he had to go to Scotland so now we only have cyber interactions for a while! (Boo)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwwwww that's really cute! :h:
On Plenty of Fish - an online dating site, haha :smile: Been together just over a year now and he proposed on our first anniversary :smile:

Completely random on Omegle.
Reply 29
Original post by Utterly-confused

Completely random on Omegle.

LOL isn't omegle full or pervs?
Reply 30
We met while I was on a school trip to Stonehenge, I saw this girl who very much reminded me of the Swedish singer Marie Fredriksson from the band Roxette except this girl is way better looking :-) she was seated on a mat enjoying the sun. I told one of my mates I wished I could talk to her. Somehow it spread to the entire group I was interested in "that girl with strange dress sense" my housemaster then gave me his camera and asked me to ask her to take a picture for us. I was so so jittery but went up to her and asked "Excuse me miss, could you please help us take a picture?" She said sure, I gave her the camera and ran to stand with the group so could pose for several pictures. After that I went to her to retrieve the camera, but I first thanked her, told her my name and school I attended , she told me her name and that she had never heard of my school, then one of my mates came up took the camera from me and asked me to stand with her he would take a picture of her and me, well we took a picture while my whole class kept asking me to go closer to her, she put her arm around me and there was our first picture that we still keep. After that she took out a pen and wrote on my hand her telephone number, she told me to call her so I could give her a copy of the photo. She thought "This posh, arrogant but cute little boy" wouldn't dare call her. Needless to say I was very eager for that camera to snap 36 shots :smile: so it could be developed.

After the film was developed my mates at the house kept bugging me to call her, I kept telling them the number was most probably fake. But 2 weeks after that trip I gave the number a call and it turned out not to be a fake number :smile: I asked her if she could take the train to Winchester so could give her the photo and I promised to show her the cathedral as well as a special tour of my school that she never heard off :tongue: The rest is history been 21 years now :smile:

That's adorable, having a photo of the first time you met must be pretty good too!
Sorry to burst the love bubble, but I am yet to meet mine :wink:
Reply 32

Aww that's so amazing! That's something I'd see on a romance movie and get sad because it never happens in real life, but it's nice to know it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone seen the episode of The Simpsons where Bart finds out about Hugo? Basically that.
We were in the same science classes in Year 10 and 11.

That's pretty much it.. :tongue:

He sheepishly asked me out in the March of 2010 (Yr11) and we've been together since then :smile:
Reply 35
In a nightclub.

I was drunk sitting in a corner crying, she came up and started taking photos of me.

YOLO.
Reply 36
Original post by Airfairy
Aww that's so amazing! That's something I'd see on a romance movie and get sad because it never happens in real life, but it's nice to know it does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No such thing as a romance movie type relationship happening in real life, all relationships require work, lots of gives and some takes, I won't say it has been always smooth sailing but we chose to work through the problems rather than avoid or ignore it.
Original post by MichaelP
LOL isn't omegle full or pervs?

Yes, it is. Hahaha. I was with my friend and we were trolling people. Came across him. Spoke for a year, webcammed, phoned etc, was legit. Met last year. Asked me out in December. Planning to move in next summer. :smile:
I met mine after the magician's trick went wrong and he actually saw me in half. :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Reply 39
Original post by Utterly-confused

Yes, it is. Hahaha. I was with my friend and we were trolling people. Came across him. Spoke for a year, webcammed, phoned etc, was legit. Met last year. Asked me out in December. Planning to move in next summer. :smile:

Already planning to move in? You must be serious! How old are you two?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending