The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Is anyone else commuting to Liverpool this September?

If so, what are you all doing for freshers week? I personally will probably go to a few bars but obviously can't go clubbing because I need to get the train back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm coming over from Wallasey so it will only take me half an hour to get to the city. Is anyone else coming over from Wallasey/the Wirral? Also, how are you all planning on meeting people? Are you just going to turn up and meet people on the day or will you try to get to know some people beforehand?
Hi there,

Just to let you know I'm sure there are lots of more local students who are doing similar things to you!

There are many events occurring at the Guild of Students for freshers week, and there may also be some social activities arranged for your course. I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet some likeminded people :smile:

Let me know if you have particular questions about freshers week or other aspects of University life!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Seido99
If so, what are you all doing for freshers week? I personally will probably go to a few bars but obviously can't go clubbing because I need to get the train back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm coming over from Wallasey so it will only take me half an hour to get to the city. Is anyone else coming over from Wallasey/the Wirral? Also, how are you all planning on meeting people? Are you just going to turn up and meet people on the day or will you try to get to know some people beforehand?

Hi I live about 30 minutes drive away I think I’ll mostly just go to a few pubs or bars during freshers or see what’s on in the student union bit as I don’t want to be spending a fortune on taxis if I’m out clubbing. I’m terrified about meeting new people on my course I know a few people going to the uni but all completely different courses
Original post by abbie_051
Hi I live about 30 minutes drive away I think I’ll mostly just go to a few pubs or bars during freshers or see what’s on in the student union bit as I don’t want to be spending a fortune on taxis if I’m out clubbing. I’m terrified about meeting new people on my course I know a few people going to the uni but all completely different courses

Hi there!

There will be loads of activities going on at the guild and lots of evening activities. I would say I understand that you might be feeling a little worried about meeting new people on your course, but remember everyone is in the same boat and I'm sure you will meet lots of like minded people on your course :smile:

Reply 4
Is there any parking for students? I'm considering my options but my commute will be 45 mins by car and unsure if its worth it.
Original post by lolfish
Is there any parking for students? I'm considering my options but my commute will be 45 mins by car and unsure if its worth it.

Hi there,

There is no parking specifically for student on campus (unless you need it for medical/disability results). However, there is a number of private car parks (e.g. NPC, the council car park on Mount Plesent) which are within walking distance of the University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending