The Student Room Group

Names on UCAS and in School are different

Hi,

Basically my first name on my passport has a hyphen in it ( for instance Alfie-James) and in school the second part of my first name is spelt a little different by 1 letter (for instance Alfie-Jemes).

On my ucas form I have spelt it like it is on my passport, however on my exams and exam certificates it is spelt like the ones in the schools database. My question is that will universities notice this difference and raise any concern over it? If they ask me do I just need to tell them about my situation?

Any advice/help is appreciated.

PS: I'm applying to medicine and on my UKCAT it is spelt like my passport, but my BMAT (which is done through school) is spelt with the letters differently like on the schools system. Is this also a big problem?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Can't you get your school to change it on their system ?? Then everythings spelt the same way ?? That's assuming that it's spelt the same on your passport as it is on your birth certificate, which I assume it is ??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nic-nac
Can't you get your school to change it on their system ?? Then everythings spelt the same way ?? That's assuming that it's spelt the same on your passport as it is on your birth certificate, which I assume it is ??

Yes, however my exam certificates are still certified using the schools spelling
Reply 3
Original post by iwant
Yes, however my exam certificates are still certified using the schools spelling

Certificates you've already got ?? hmmm speaking to your exams officer would probably be better. They might say that you should have had your name changed on the school system before your exams though. I dunno if they could get them reprinted with the right name ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending