The Student Room Group

Question about my course

Hi all

So I dropped out of pharmacy 2 weeks ago and I reapplied to another pharmacy school in London which is closer to me and one I prefer. I already got an offer since I applied before I dropped out and I was just wondering, is it like medicine with how after you drop out you can’t really get accepted into another medical school?

For example I got into the foundation pharmacy programme at another university but will they be able to check my 2 months of previous study and not allow me to transfer into year 1 because I already dropped out of pharmacy?
Didn’t you list your university study on your UCAS education section where you list a FULL education history?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Didn’t you list your university study on your UCAS education section where you list a FULL education history?

I contacted UCAS and they told me I didn’t have to since I didn’t gain any qualifications there and I was there for a minimal amount of time.
Original post by YuccefTheKurd
I contacted UCAS and they told me I didn’t have to since I didn’t gain any qualifications there and I was there for a minimal amount of time.

What exactly do you mean by minimal?

Did you get the name and job title of the person at UCAS who told you this and did you ask them to confirm it in writing?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
What exactly do you mean by minimal?

Did you get the name and job title of the person at UCAS who told you this and did you ask them to confirm it in writing?

I called them up before submitting my application and they told me that I do not need to declare the time I spent at the university since I was there for a really short amount of time.

So for I have 2 offers one of them told asked me if I was previously enrolled elsewhere I said yes and they said it’s fine and gave me the offer
Original post by YuccefTheKurd
I called them up before submitting my application and they told me that I do not need to declare the time I spent at the university since I was there for a really short amount of time.

So for I have 2 offers one of them told asked me if I was previously enrolled elsewhere I said yes and they said it’s fine and gave me the offer

What exactly do you mean by a short period of time?

Anything longer than 2 weeks must be declared on UCAS (and will be evident to your new university when you enrol). If someone in the call centre at UCAS told you differently then unfortunately that’s not verifiable unless you have the advice from them in writing or kept a note of their name and job title and the details of the call. UCAS are unfortunately very bad at employing temp staff on their phones who give out all sorts of incorrect advice to applicants.
A great big yikes for that telephone advice from UCAS.

Going back to the original question, you'd need to notify the new uni if it wasn't listed in your education history and find out if it had any effect. I wouldn't try to hide it, just be honest about your reasons for leaving if they ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending