The Student Room Group

Can my IGCSE teacher write my reference for UCAS?

Can my IGCSE teacher write my reference for UCAS? I joined a different school of my as and a levels. I joined late so I was out of sync with the rest of my grade and ended up self studying all my subjects so I barely interacted with any of my AS or A level teachers. I didn't any tutors either. My IGCSE English teacher has known me since I was in the 7th grade, would it be okay if she wrote the reference?
Reply 1
Certainly, having your IGCSE English teacher write your reference for UCAS seems like a feasible option given your unique circumstances. It's evident that you've built a significant rapport with your IGCSE teacher over the years, and her familiarity with your academic journey and personal growth could add depth to your UCAS reference.

Your situation of joining a different school for your AS and A levels, coupled with the challenge of self-studying, presents a distinctive narrative that your IGCSE teacher is likely well-equipped to convey. Her perspective on your dedication, resilience, and growth since the 7th grade can offer valuable insights to the admissions committee.
Reply 2
Original post by EllaSmott
Certainly, having your IGCSE English teacher write your reference for UCAS seems like a feasible option given your unique circumstances. It's evident that you've built a significant rapport with your IGCSE teacher over the years, and her familiarity with your academic journey and personal growth could add depth to your UCAS reference.

Your situation of joining a different school for your AS and A levels, coupled with the challenge of self-studying, presents a distinctive narrative that your IGCSE teacher is likely well-equipped to convey. Her perspective on your dedication, resilience, and growth since the 7th grade can offer valuable insights to the admissions committee.

Thank you so much!!!
Reply 3
If you are school, your school will write your UCAS reference.

Only if you are applying through UCAS as an independent/private applicant will you be able to nominate a specific person to write your reference - and you need to ask them for their permission before you do this as they may not be willing to comment on your A level studies or provide predicted grades as they are no longer teaching you.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
If you are school, your school will write your UCAS reference.

Only if you are applying through UCAS as an independent/private applicant will you be able to nominate a specific person to write your reference - and you need to ask them for their permission before you do this as they may not be willing to comment on your A level studies or provide predicted grades as they are no longer teaching you.

Ahh, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending