The Student Room Group

will i be unlikely to get into good unis because i retook a year??? :( please answer

Basically I am currently an A2 student at college applying to do economics. This is my 3rd year at college, i resat a year last year and did my AS'S again. in my first year i got CCDE but i managed to pull it up and did pretty well/better at my second attempt...

because i retook a year will i be rejected or less likely to get offers from top universities as in from nottingham manchester birmingham aston exeter etc..... am i at a massive disadvantage?

ive been told on the application i have to put my first year of college grades down... do i have to? also should i mention something about my retaking my AS year in my statement or something?

thanks
it's only really Med/ Dent /Vet that refuse to consider those who have taken more than 2 years to complete A levels without really really good extenuating circumstances.

there's nothing to be lost be ringing / emailing the admission tutors at the departments you want to apply for and asking ...
Reply 2
You should be fine as long as you get good grades and don't apply to the 'elite' Universities like Oxbridge and LSE.
Reply 3
I emailed quite a few unis for my course (English) and they said that if I justify my reasoning in my personal statement, then they will not look down on my application for that reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending