The Student Room Group

Help with clearing

Hey guy please help me out I took a gap year and I have retook my exams the requirements for the course I want to do is BCC and I I feel like I won’t get it. I have been offered a place however for clearing the requirements are obviously lower, however the course on the uni isnt going through clearing. I don’t know if I should call them up and say will you give me my space even if I don’t meet the offer but I meet the clearing requirements. I’m just sad it’s not open for clearing but do you think it will change by tomorrow and some students may decline spaces at the course because it’s a foundation course

Thankyoy for reading please respond I’ll appreciate any kind of advice xx
Original post by Xzizzi
Hey guy please help me out I took a gap year and I have retook my exams the requirements for the course I want to do is BCC and I I feel like I won’t get it. I have been offered a place however for clearing the requirements are obviously lower, however the course on the uni isnt going through clearing. I don’t know if I should call them up and say will you give me my space even if I don’t meet the offer but I meet the clearing requirements. I’m just sad it’s not open for clearing but do you think it will change by tomorrow and some students may decline spaces at the course because it’s a foundation course

Hello Xzizzi :hugs:

What is the course you're applying for?

Its not actually true that Clearing offers are always lower.

It sounds like you have done your research and noticed that the course you have applied for is currently in Clearing - this may change tomorrow if students change their mind and decline.

Track will open at 8am in the morning and you'll be able to check if you have been accepted then. If you have not been accepted it is very unlikely they will then change their mind upon you calling them.

There will be a group of us online tomorrow to support everyone with their questions - if you need anything we're here and you don't have to navigate this alone.

Hopefully you'll get your grades and it will. be nice and easy - if it's not as straightforward, don't worry, we are here :heart:

Try and get some rest tonight
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
Hello Xzizzi :hugs:

What is the course you're applying for?

Its not actually true that Clearing offers are always lower.

It sounds like you have done your research and noticed that the course you have applied for is currently in Clearing - this may change tomorrow if students change their mind and decline.

Track will open at 8am in the morning and you'll be able to check if you have been accepted then. If you have not been accepted it is very unlikely they will then change their mind upon you calling them.

There will be a group of us online tomorrow to support everyone with their questions - if you need anything we're here and you don't have to navigate this alone.

Hopefully you'll get your grades and it will. be nice and easy - if it's not as straightforward, don't worry, we are here :heart:

Try and get some rest tonight

hey thankyou for your response its just the fact that clearing is closed hopefully maybe some student will decline the offer and possibly it might open again on the uni website. im getting my results via email and i have to upload them to the uni so ucas wont work for me tomrorow
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Xzizzi
hey thankyou for your response its just the fact that clearing is closed hopefully maybe some student will decline the offer and possibly it might open again on the uni website. im getting my results via email and i have to upload them to the uni so ucas wont work for me tomrorow

Morning :wavey:

Thanks so much for explaining, I understand now :tongue:

Yes - if students decline who have a place, more places may become available.

What time are you receiving your results email?

:heart:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Xzizzi

Good morning @Xzizzi, how are you feeling? :smile:

Just wanted to pop in and say I wish you the very best of luck for today, and hope you are proud of yourself no matter the outcome! Remember to celebrate the progress you've made and the person you've become throughout this journey, embrace all the possibilities that lie ahead :smile:

Becky
Original post by Xzizzi

Hello,
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
I understand why you may feel anxious and/or stressed about this situation, I'd recommend first off, waiting for your results to see if you meet the entry requirements or not and go from there.
If you get your results back and they are not what you wished and/or hoped for, I'd recommend you checking the universities site again, just to see if it's changed, because as you said, the university may experience some people turning down offers and/or getting grades that may effect their decision.
As for calling them, please prepare for a wait if you do wish to go down this route, especially because days such as today are their busiest times.. As well as this, If there are no spaces open for clearing on the site, usually that means the university predicts that it's going to be full as they receive applicants results a week or two before the students. It may be worth giving them a call a few hours into clearing and see what they say, especially if you meet the clearing grade requirements
Kind regards and I hope this helps.
Courtney H
Original post by Xzizzi

Hi there @Xzizzi,

How are you? I wanted to wish you the best of luck today and hope you can enjoy your day because you've worked hard to get to this point. :smile:

If your results are not what you thought, please don't worry you can call the university to discuss your options further and make the Clearing process less scary.

Any question, please let me know.

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending