The Student Room Group

Can't stay awake during lectures

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hihoho
You need to boost your energy level through exercising, jogging or yoga. I changed my sleeping pattern 22 days ago and it has been a life changer so far, wake up every day 5-6:30AM, go jogging and feel refreshed afterwards. My energy has increased, my self-esteem is rising, my confidence is sky-rocketing. Wake up early + Exercise will completely change your life.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1382375421.033672.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Reply 22
Reply 23
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
So I'm a first year student and I've found I'm only awake for the first 20 minutes of a lecture before I conk out. I've tried pinching myself, drinking water, writing etc to stay awake but it doesn't help.

My body feels just feels numb and no matter how hard I try to fight it I've slept off. This happens everywhere like on the bus if I'm not standing up, if I'm in a really big group of people and the attentions not on me and..... when I'm out clubbing even if I'm enjoying myself

I'm also anemic and I've been taking Iron tablets for 3 months now, which I feel lately have not been working.

I try eating healthy with eating lean red meats and everything but I just can't help it. I find myself not listening in lectures, when I get home I'm usually straight to bed before I can do any work and when I wake up I'm still tired usually not bothered to do any reading.

Anyone in the same position as me or have any tips on staying awake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Energy drinks are my solution. I tried to live without them because they're bad and full of sugar but it's the only way I can get **** done.
If you genuinely can't stay awake then I would suggest the following:

Either..

a) You find your degree so mind numbingly boring that you probably shouldn't be doing it.

OR.

b) You have some kind of medical problem, in which case you should see your GP.

You should certainly be able to go for a couple of hours without falling asleep as a healthy young person.
Reply 25

Quick Reply

Latest