The Student Room Group

£26k for a newly qualified ACA? What?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M1011
Says the guy who resurrected a 6 month dead thread?

The guy I quoted did it, but since all he's been doing is spamming this forum his post has been deleted apparently.
Reply 41
Original post by ohdrama
The guy I quoted did it, but since all he's been doing is spamming this forum his post has been deleted apparently.

Ah fair enough - my mistake.
Original post by M1011
Says the guy who resurrected a 6 month dead thread?

You've talked so much nonsense on this thread. People coming out of top firms have continued to consistently get 40-55 newly qualified, either by moving to industry or staying put.

26k is decent? Half the people on this thread started on more than that from day 1.

Not really. You're probably just thinking about London here. I'm talking about the industry as a whole and its clearly on the decline due to the factors i listed.

Don't buy into the accountancy nonsense selling your soul/enjoyment for an extra few k in the short run is really not worth it. Fair play if you have no other options :rolleyes:
Reply 43
Original post by Bill_Gates
Not really. You're probably just thinking about London here. I'm talking about the industry as a whole and its clearly on the decline due to the factors i listed.

Don't buy into the accountancy nonsense selling your soul/enjoyment for an extra few k in the short run is really not worth it. Fair play if you have no other options :rolleyes:

There's no support whatsoever for the random comments you are making.

What is your bias against accountancy? "No other options", such a loaded b/s statement. Sorry but you come across as someone who knows nothing about it and is just trying to annoy people.
Original post by M1011
There's no support whatsoever for the random comments you are making.

What is your bias against accountancy? "No other options", such a loaded b/s statement. Sorry but you come across as someone who knows nothing about it and is just trying to annoy people.

truth hurts.
Reply 45
truth hurts.

Your "truth" being that 26k is average for newly qualified ACA even though I've already told you I started on more than that on the first year of my training contract?

Your argument is laughable.
Original post by M1011
Your "truth" being that 26k is average for newly qualified ACA even though I've already told you I started on more than that on the first year of my training contract?

well done you mr billionaire. :rolleyes:
I can confirm that I will also be starting on more than £26 K at a big 4 firm.

x

Original post by M1011
x

Lol, I'm not even big 4 (industry doing CIMA) and I started on 26k outside of London. I did a 3 year scheme and now I'm on £40k. Fail.

Just give up already - you're potentially giving people the wrong idea as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatAuditGuy
I can confirm that I will also be starting on more than £26 K at a big 4 firm.

Original post by Pipsico
Lol, I'm not even big 4 (industry doing CIMA) and I started on 26k outside of London. I did a 3 year scheme and now I'm on £40k. Fail.

Just give up already - you're potentially giving people the wrong idea as you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done you mr billionaire. :rolleyes:

Original post by M1011

I think we can all agree that £26k post qualification is awful and that most grads are starting arounding £26k
Reply 50
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
I think we can all agree that £26k post qualification is awful and that most grads are starting arounding £26k

The whole point is we don't all agree. Bill_Gates thinks that's standard. Hence the debate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
meh, i used to thing getting a degree could make you rich too, but then I grew up. If money is what you after, don't do accounts, apparently it's very boring at the same time as being low paid. Just do an interesting job, an easier degree and less hustle.
Original post by LakAnne
meh, i used to thing getting a degree could make you rich too, but then I grew up. If money is what you after, don't do accounts, apparently it's very boring at the same time as being low paid. Just do an interesting job, an easier degree and less hustle.

Not true, accounts pays well. If you have an ACA qualification you can be earning £50-60K by the time you are 24, not too shabby if you ask me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 53
Not true, accounts pays well. If you have an ACA qualification you can be earning £50-60K by the time you are 24, not too shabby if you ask me.

Is ACA, a charted accountant? 50-60K :cool: But I guess it's probably competitive and hard to get their for many average accountants since they churn out graduate accounts every year, the same way ants reproduce
Original post by LakAnne
Is ACA, a charted accountant? 50-60K :cool: But I guess it's probably competitive and hard to get their for many average accountants since they churn out graduate accounts every year, the same way ants reproduce

Yeah ACA is a chartered accountant and 50K is standard for a big 4 newly qualified ACA, it's easy to hate on the profession but it pays well and offers good mobility and security.
Yeah ACA is a chartered accountant and 50K is standard for a big 4 newly qualified ACA, it's easy to hate on the profession but it pays well and offers good mobility and security.

Also bear in mind that just because you're a "chartered accountant" doesn't mean that thats all you'll do ever. Many people go to work in banking, funds, analyst positions in companies, etc. In fact out of the 15 exams of the ACA, I'd say that only 3 are truly accounting exams, the rest is all sorts of general business/finance/management knowledge. As such an ACA qualification is more of a general business course with obvious emphasis on accounting but not exclusively so.
Original post by snakesnake
Also bear in mind that just because you're a "chartered accountant" doesn't mean that thats all you'll do ever. Many people go to work in banking, funds, analyst positions in companies, etc. In fact out of the 15 exams of the ACA, I'd say that only 3 are truly accounting exams, the rest is all sorts of general business/finance/management knowledge. As such an ACA qualification is more of a general business course with obvious emphasis on accounting but not exclusively so.

Yes great point, its something i mentioned on my other thread.
People do realise there's more to Accountancy than the big 4 and London, right? If that's at a big 4 firm it's a disgraceful salary but outside of it, outside of London, it's a decent starting salary.
Original post by Dr DaMan
People do realise there's more to Accountancy than the big 4 and London, right? If that's at a big 4 firm it's a disgraceful salary but outside of it, outside of London, it's a decent starting salary.

You think £26K is a decent salary after qualfiying as an ACA? I woukd think its disgusting regardless of big 4 and location. I wouldnt settle for less than £35k.
You think £26K is a decent salary after qualfiying as an ACA? I woukd think its disgusting regardless of big 4 and location. I wouldnt settle for less than £35k.

I know where I live (West Mids) it's close to the average outside the Big 4, the big 4 round here from what I understand offered 35-40k but with a much, much higher workload.

Edit: I presume you're down South, looking for work in London/surrounding area?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending