The Student Room Group

Squat competition

Scroll to see replies

C-c-can I join? Haven't been able to squat since August due to injury, my former 1RM was 145kg so what should I put down as starting?

o-o-or should I w-w-wait until I can squat again and then find out 1RM and post?

pls respond
Forgot to quote, s-s-sorry.

Original post by AreebWithaHat
I'll update the OP tonight
Original post by nopenopenope
C-c-can I join? Haven't been able to squat since August due to injury, my former 1RM was 145kg so what should I put down as starting?

o-o-or should I w-w-wait until I can squat again and then find out 1RM and post?

pls respond

have you started squatting again then? go with your new 1RM as you might have lost some strength

lol also try not to get banned before the comp closes
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HFerguson
no mate, you'll be the homo (no hetero <3 )

alright lol, better than being fat. also everyone needs a cool nickname now

Motorbiker
The front Squatter
Start: 116kg*3

You got his nickname wrong, Motorbiker is "The Neck"

Yes! If you have any more nickname ideas the suggest them. You're good at this.
have you started squatting again then? go with your new 1RM as you might have lost some strength

lol also try not to get banned before the comp closes

Not yet, was hoping to start again tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm kind of dreadding it, I'm really hoping I haven't lost too much strength but 2 months is a lot :frown:

i will mang, but the mods dey are after me
(srs)
Not yet, was hoping to start again tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm kind of dreadding it, I'm really hoping I haven't lost too much strength but 2 months is a lot :frown:

(srs)

Nopenopenope aka "The Defeatist"
Original post by BKS
I won't be training t back squat and I'm going travelling but why not? 1225.5kg at 72kg

Is the competition for amount improved or max or max by wilks or what?

BKS, "The Traveller"
Nopenopenope aka "The Defeatist"

you're right mayn, gonna walk in there, gonna squat AY TEE GEE, gonna give it my allll

also, do we have to post proof of squat yeh? like proof of starting and then proof of ending?

Still need front squat written somewhere or I'll go and do 140 back squat on Monday. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Semkou
Snip

Not doing this. :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by Shawshank
Not doing this. :biggrin:

Wish you all the best brother.
Reply 53
Original post by Semkou
Wish you all the best brother.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you trying to help but I'm not sure why you think 12 rep sets is good for anything other than the breakdown of form due to fatigue.
Reply 54
Original post by Shawshank
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you trying to help but I'm not sure why you think 12 rep sets is good for anything other than the breakdown of form due to fatigue.

Oh dear, believe me I understand mate. The thing with an open invitation is that you have the right to deny the offer and I completely honor and respect your decision.

After all in field of power lifting as well as bodybuilding there is never one method of right way. Something that might work for me doesn't necessary mean it works for others :smile:.

Hmm, actually you have a good point about the reps. Since in power-lifting the goal is mainly to increase the strength, high reps can exhaust the nervous system and cause over training (getting cold, becoming moody, runny nose etc.). So you're totally right, I give you that.

There is a video that beautifully explains the number of reps, sets, time to rest between sets for different goals. It's worth the time checking it out, especially for the strength training (your field I assume) as well as hypertrophy (body building for building size). In my previous post I was starting with hypertrophy (building more of mass and size), then gradually shifting toward strength training to work on increase of strength on foundation of mass you've built. :smile:

Here is the video mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDaaFVXFyU

Any ways, bored you already. :tongue:
P.S: My sincere apology to OP for spamming.

Cheers! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

(srs)

We're gonna get you, ****er.
Should I hop in on this? Last workout I oly squatted 95kgx3 so I'm thinking my parallel squat is probably 110-115ish like some of you guys? Don't actually know though haha
Original post by Implication
Should I hop in on this? Last workout I oly squatted 95kgx3 so I'm thinking my parallel squat is probably 110-115ish like some of you guys? Don't actually know though haha

The more the better, I'll you to the the OP and once you squat to parallel next session I can add your start numbers.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
We're gonna get you, ****er.

Repoted11oneone!11
The more the better, I'll you to the the OP and once you squat to parallel next session I can add your start numbers.

I did some parallel squats on wednesday and hit 105kgx1 comfortably, psyched myself out and failed 115 though. I'll try again next time but otherwise I guess my starting weight will be 105 :d

Quick Reply

Latest