The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering job prospects in the UK

How are chemical engineering job prospects like in the uk in the current economic climate? I've had mixed reviews, some people say chemical eng jobs in the uk are in high demand, others say it is very hard to find a job.
Reply 1
There is a skills shortage of engineers.

Having said that, every year, hundreds of grads will be applying for any given grad scheme at any given top employer.

If you work hard, get work/industrial experience, identify the skills that you develop from team design projects, analyses and complex problem solving as well as taking part in extra curricular (university is about a work hard, play hard balance!), your job prospects will be very high...

With an engineering degree, you can go into engineering, business, finance, the list goes on.

Source: I have just graduated as a Mechanical Engineer and having been through the application process countless times, am currently on a grad scheme.
Reply 2
Original post by NaturalProgress
What university did you go to and what class did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

I went it University of Birmingham and I got a 1st in my MEng Mechanical Engineering :smile:.

To be honest, I think the year in industry (I did mine at Balfour Beatty) was key to getting onto the grad scheme that I'm on now (at Arup).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending