The Student Room Group

Mazars 2024 graduate scheme

Hi guys I’ve applied for the Mazars risk consulting graduate scheme for September 2024 role. I’ve done my telephone interview and have been invited to the assessment centre but I haven’t heard back since. It’s been roughly 11 days so I was wondering if anyone has an assessment centre date for 2024 entry and if I should email them asking for an update in regards to an assessment centre date. Also I was wondering how best to prepare for the ac and what types of questions come up. Any help would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jajenenwnaan
Hi guys I’ve applied for the Mazars risk consulting graduate scheme for September 2024 role. I’ve done my telephone interview and have been invited to the assessment centre but I haven’t heard back since. It’s been roughly 11 days so I was wondering if anyone has an assessment centre date for 2024 entry and if I should email them asking for an update in regards to an assessment centre date. Also I was wondering how best to prepare for the ac and what types of questions come up. Any help would be appreciated.

How long did it take for them to arrange the telephone interview?
Reply 2
Original post by 1604
How long did it take for them to arrange the telephone interview?

took 2 days to send me some times and had a week to prepare
Reply 3

I've done my AC (last Wednesday) and received an offer this morning (its for audit - privately owned businesses for sept 2024, so don't worry not your scheme!) So it seems they take like half a week to properly assess AC candidates as a whole (it involves the assessors AND HR) and so this might be why they've taken long to get back to you. For comparison, they took 3 days to invite me to book an AC after telling me I passed the phone interview and was on the shortlist for an AC. However, this was on the 29th Sept - I'm assuming I was on one of the first AC's so they made the process quick as they didnt have to get involved in anything so soon.

If i remember correctly, there was only one guy in my AC who was applying for risk consulting (there was a mix of people applying to different schemes)....so hopefully still plenty of spaces left for your scheme. I remember in a thread for the 2023 intake, there were people who were waiting to hear back in the middle of 2023 who ended up getting offers, a number of them, in fact. Which was very late on lol. But.....no guarantees. They mightve changed the way they do things. Who knows. But there's some optimism there perhaps!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Im M
I've done my AC (last Wednesday) and received an offer this morning (its for audit - privately owned businesses for sept 2024, so don't worry not your scheme!) So it seems they take like half a week to properly assess AC candidates as a whole (it involves the assessors AND HR) and so this might be why they've taken long to get back to you. For comparison, they took 3 days to invite me to book an AC after telling me I passed the phone interview and was on the shortlist for an AC. However, this was on the 29th Sept - I'm assuming I was on one of the first AC's so they made the process quick as they didnt have to get involved in anything so soon.

If i remember correctly, there was only one guy in my AC who was applying for risk consulting (there was a mix of people applying to different schemes)....so hopefully still plenty of spaces left for your scheme. I remember in a thread for the 2023 intake, there were people who were waiting to hear back in the middle of 2023 who ended up getting offers, a number of them, in fact. Which was very late on lol. But.....no guarantees. They mightve changed the way they do things. Who knows. But there's some optimism there perhaps!

wow congrats!! I found out ive been shortlisted for am ac since 4th october and im still waiting. by the way you mentioned in your ac you had people applying to different roles? i thought it was an ac just for people applying for the same role? wow thats different i guess.

also if you don't mind me asking what types of questions came up in your interview, case study and presentation and how was the maths test? how do oyu recommend preparing for the ac and how to act during each task to secure the offer. any help would be appreciated.
Reply 5
took 2 days to send me some times and had a week to prepare

I got told on 04/10 so 12 days ago now and still nothing...
Reply 6
Original post by 1604
I got told on 04/10 so 12 days ago now and still nothing...

Ah. Last year a similar thing happened to me and i got told to transfer roles. i highly doubt this is the case for you because i applied end of november last yr and got told to transfer roles at the start of january. maybe drop them an email?
Reply 7
Ah. Last year a similar thing happened to me and i got told to transfer roles. i highly doubt this is the case for you because i applied end of november last yr and got told to transfer roles at the start of january. maybe drop them an email?

I applied for audit at the end of September, so thought I was quite early
Reply 8
Original post by 1604

Yeah you are maybe drop them an email
Reply 9
Original post by 1604

I completed my application and first test on the 13th september. They became open for applications on the 11th
Reply 10
wow congrats!! I found out ive been shortlisted for am ac since 4th october and im still waiting. by the way you mentioned in your ac you had people applying to different roles? i thought it was an ac just for people applying for the same role? wow thats different i guess.

also if you don't mind me asking what types of questions came up in your interview, case study and presentation and how was the maths test? how do oyu recommend preparing for the ac and how to act during each task to secure the offer. any help would be appreciated.

oh btw maths test wasn't different to the first one at all, tho different qs. You have plenty of time to do it too
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11

Thanks! Yeah the ac consists of applicants to different roles/schemes and to different locations too (even if they're applying to the same scheme as you). Its far better that way imo, because you're not competing against them. Everyone's working together, and hopefully out to help one another.

My tips/strategy for interviews in general, is to create a word document listing out all your experiences which you believe to be good talking points and examples (could be work-related, volunteering, school/uni) and write bullet points for each detailing what you did and achieved through them, and then imagine what skills could be assigned to each one, so that you know what experience to refer back to if these skills/strengths are asked about in an interview. Regularly read and try to memorise the document as much as possible. When writing out the word document, try to include a wide variety of examples based on skills, e.g people-based skills to analytical and technical. My other personal tips for the interview are to be vocal, sound enthusiastic and happy when speaking to look engaged, make hand gestures etc. Also each time when I answer a question, at the end I would circle back and summarise what I said very quickly, so that I'm sending out the main message. You dont always have to do that tbh but i find it to be helpful, personally.

Presentation is very nice and relaxed, was quite short and I really enjoyed it. And questions aren't difficult, so dont worry about that. For the case study, make sure you keep track of time - you dont have too long. Be sure to scan the info quickly and most importantly, include all the bits you're asked to include. Make a mental note of when your time is up and refer back to the time every now and then. The case study itself is very straightforward. You just need to be good at managing time and be sure to answer every aspect of the question, even if some parts are short (which i was guilty of too!).

My other tips in general would be to expect to think on your feet. You might have qs thrown at you during any of the tasks that are unique, unpredictable or difficult as you might not have an answer for it immediately, which i had to face too. Be open minded, imaginative and try to think of something relevant, even if its only 1 or 2 points. Also, be involved in every aspect of the ac. For e.g if they ask everyone how the ac went, make sure you say something. During the group exercise, if the assessors ask a qs, be one of the people to present an answer, and make it different from someone elses answer OR build on what they said with extra points. Be very agreeable and/or show respect and value to what everyone has to say even if you disagree with them.

I cannot give the exact questions or subject/content away for each section obviously. But these are my general tips that you can apply to a lot of ac's
Reply 12
Original post by Im M
Thanks! Yeah the ac consists of applicants to different roles/schemes and to different locations too (even if they're applying to the same scheme as you). Its far better that way imo, because you're not competing against them. Everyone's working together, and hopefully out to help one another.

My tips/strategy for interviews in general, is to create a word document listing out all your experiences which you believe to be good talking points and examples (could be work-related, volunteering, school/uni) and write bullet points for each detailing what you did and achieved through them, and then imagine what skills could be assigned to each one, so that you know what experience to refer back to if these skills/strengths are asked about in an interview. Regularly read and try to memorise the document as much as possible. When writing out the word document, try to include a wide variety of examples based on skills, e.g people-based skills to analytical and technical. My other personal tips for the interview are to be vocal, sound enthusiastic and happy when speaking to look engaged, make hand gestures etc. Also each time when I answer a question, at the end I would circle back and summarise what I said very quickly, so that I'm sending out the main message. You dont always have to do that tbh but i find it to be helpful, personally.

Presentation is very nice and relaxed, was quite short and I really enjoyed it. And questions aren't difficult, so dont worry about that. For the case study, make sure you keep track of time - you dont have too long. Be sure to scan the info quickly and most importantly, include all the bits you're asked to include. Make a mental note of when your time is up and refer back to the time every now and then. The case study itself is very straightforward. You just need to be good at managing time and be sure to answer every aspect of the question, even if some parts are short (which i was guilty of too!).

My other tips in general would be to expect to think on your feet. You might have qs thrown at you during any of the tasks that are unique, unpredictable or difficult as you might not have an answer for it immediately, which i had to face too. Be open minded, imaginative and try to think of something relevant, even if its only 1 or 2 points. Also, be involved in every aspect of the ac. For e.g if they ask everyone how the ac went, make sure you say something. During the group exercise, if the assessors ask a qs, be one of the people to present an answer, and make it different from someone elses answer OR build on what they said with extra points. Be very agreeable and/or show respect and value to what everyone has to say even if you disagree with them.

I cannot give the exact questions or subject/content away for each section obviously. But these are my general tips that you can apply to a lot of ac's

ahh thank you so much. much appreciated
Reply 13
Original post by Im M

by the way how many people attend the ac?

Hello,

I have recently got an email that I have passed the assessment and that I am booked for a telephone interview. How long does it take for them to book you for telephone interview, and do you have an idea of what they ask. I applied for Graduate Trainee SOC.
Original post by Im M
I completed my application and first test on the 13th september. They became open for applications on the 11th

Do you know how long it takes to get a telephone Interview?
Reply 16
Original post by uchennafiverr
Hello,

I have recently got an email that I have passed the assessment and that I am booked for a telephone interview. How long does it take for them to book you for telephone interview, and do you have an idea of what they ask. I applied for Graduate Trainee SOC.

takes a couple days. they ask the usual e.g. why the role, why mazars, example of teamwork, what do you know about the role and exams you have to study for etc
Reply 17
btw whos still waiting for an ac date?
Reply 18
Anyone still waiting to hear back from their AC? It's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing yet :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by S.S123
Anyone still waiting to hear back from their AC? It's been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing yet :frown:

I had mine last week and heard back 2 days later with an offer. Maybe send them an email and see what they say:smile:
Hope it goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending