The Student Room Group

Gesdap 2024

Hi does anyone know at what point in the GESDAP application do I get to complete a CV? I am wondering what info should go into the CV as distinct from the statement which is completed following the tests.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tiffany 123
Hi does anyone know at what point in the GESDAP application do I get to complete a CV? I am wondering what info should go into the CV as distinct from the statement which is completed following the tests.

Sorry, just progressed through tests and found answer to my own question
Reply 2
Does anyone know how competitive it is? Are there any details of the applications to vacancies anywhere?
Reply 3
Original post by wjg05
Does anyone know how competitive it is? Are there any details of the applications to vacancies anywhere?

If you go into the GESDAP 2024 site there is a candidate pack to download and beneath that a section called 'Job Description'. It lists the various Civil Service departments which offer apprenticeships and the locations . It also gives a number of apprenticeships available in each location. I think it is very competitive and the application process overall seems quite demanding. You cannot apply for a specific post. You make a general application to the scheme and can specify up to 3 locations you would be interested in (this is if you pass the online tests). At the end of all the various stages of the application, if you are successful, you are allocated a location and a Civil Service Department. So, you don't apply directly for a specific post, just for the GESDAP apprenticeship.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by wjg05

About 2%
Reply 5
Original post by Crb_Connor
About 2%

Only 2% of people get into it? Ive just submitted my personal statement, so how many people do you think get accepted from this stage? thanks
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back after the application?
Original post by zoefrancesca123
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back after the application?
We'll definitely hear this month; hopefully by next week!
Original post by Serr.Dokhdha
We'll definitely hear this month; hopefully by next week!
Just got invited to a interview a couple of hours after posting this.
Reply 9
Same
Well done. Do you mind sharing what scores you got in the tests and PS? I’m interested to know what scores they are looking for.
Reply 11
Same when’s your interview booked for?
Original post by Rollypoly
Well done. Do you mind sharing what scores you got in the tests and PS? I’m interested to know what scores they are looking for.
Thanks! Here are my test scores: Verbal - 88%, Judgment - 90%, Numerical - 95%. My personal statement scored an 11. Judging by past threads, most people landed in the 9-12 range for personal statements. Successful applicants also tended to hit 65+ in their interview scores.
Original post by Ririri2
Same when’s your interview booked for?
Mine's scheduled for the 21st of March. When's yours?
Reply 14
Does anyone know whether we have to go to an in person test center during the process this year? I’m on a gap year and I’m going to Thailand for two months so I don’t want to do the online interviews while I’m there just to find out I have to go in to a test centre when I’m not able to.
Original post by wjg05
Does anyone know whether we have to go to an in person test center during the process this year? I’m on a gap year and I’m going to Thailand for two months so I don’t want to do the online interviews while I’m there just to find out I have to go in to a test centre when I’m not able to.
All the interviews and assessments are virtual through MS Teams and Word
How is anyone preparing for the assessments?
Original post by Big_Dysa
How is anyone preparing for the assessments?
Reading over the behaviours assessed
Reply 18
Hi, I've only managed to book the written assessment, did you manage to the book the interview as well, as I don't see an option for that. Thanks
Hi - Any writing assessments practice website? It would be helpful if someone can provide some advice and guidance on what to expect? Will it be a case study with graphs and data information that need to be written into a 400/500 words report?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending