The Student Room Group

EY graduate scheme 2024

Hey guys, who is applying to the graduate scheme for next year ??
Are there any specific tips or advice you can offer for crafting a strong application ?

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! I did the EY internship this summer and am waiting for the call back. Has anyone received it?
Reply 2
Original post by dshravya01
Has anyone heard back after the EY One assessment yet?

How did it go? What type of questions were in the assessment and do you remember what the video questions were on roughly as that’s what I am most nervous for
Reply 3
Hey, I gave it over a month ago so dont remember much. I would say be prepared to answer why EY, why the chosen field and why that location. The questions really depend on the area you've chosen to apply for. Check out glassdoor for some interview questions, thats a very helpful resource. Be prepared to do some basic maths like ratios, percentage and unitary method. Even if you don't know the answers, be confident in the video interview and that's half the battle won. Good luck!

thank you!
Hey, I gave it over a month ago so dont remember much. I would say be prepared to answer why EY, why the chosen field and why that location. The questions really depend on the area you've chosen to apply for. Check out glassdoor for some interview questions, thats a very helpful resource. Be prepared to do some basic maths like ratios, percentage and unitary method. Even if you don't know the answers, be confident in the video interview and that's half the battle won. Good luck!

Hey, have you heard back from the assessments? I’m just wondering how long it will be till I hear how I have done.
I’d say it’s gonna take time. EY’s hr is very slow and unorganised from what I’ve heard. So they’ll tell us when they tell us. If it’s been more than 3 weeks, then you can email them asking for an update.

Ahh okay fab thank you
has anyone done the EY One assessment? How was it? What were the video questions like-that is the bit I am most worried about.
Can you give me some examples of the kinds of questions you got if you remember?
Original post by dancedolphin2801
has anyone done the EY One assessment? How was it? What were the video questions like-that is the bit I am most worried about.
Can you give me some examples of the kinds of questions you got if you remember?

also what should I expect?
Original post by dancedolphin2801

Just completed the test now for audit placement and **** me it was longgg, numerical test was **** easy like literal year 5 stuff, video interview questions were basic but i waffled too much i think and stumbled here and there. Other than that you have a few questions asking you to write emails on info provided to you by a client, THAT ONE TOOK THE **** I HAD TO READ THEOIGH 2 PROFIT LOSS STATEMENTS HIS SUMMARY AND THEN CORRECT BLOODY 90% OF HIS SUNMARY THIS IDIOT GOT A SIMPLE PERCENTAGE CHANGE WRONG but then again they trying to test us apart from that 1 question and the interview recorded questions, it was eaz
Original post by robqttedcant
Just completed the test now for audit placement and **** me it was longgg, numerical test was **** easy like literal year 5 stuff, video interview questions were basic but i waffled too much i think and stumbled here and there. Other than that you have a few questions asking you to write emails on info provided to you by a client, THAT ONE TOOK THE **** I HAD TO READ THEOIGH 2 PROFIT LOSS STATEMENTS HIS SUMMARY AND THEN CORRECT BLOODY 90% OF HIS SUNMARY THIS IDIOT GOT A SIMPLE PERCENTAGE CHANGE WRONG but then again they trying to test us apart from that 1 question and the interview recorded questions, it was eaz

thank you so much for this what we’re the interview video questions like what kind of questions were asked. I get very nervous during those I just don’t know what to expect
Reply 10
Original post by robqttedcant

Hey! Just wanna ask if any of the tests are timed? And were they random?

Thanks in advance!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 11
Hi guys, you can join this WhatsApp group chat if you applied to Deloitte for easy and timely communications on the recruitment process

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CU5dQUtX2pQ8U3Q2nt8z0d
(edited 6 months ago)
Has anyone heard back after their assessment and video interview yet? I done mine on the 9th of this month and received an email the day after saying they are reviewing my assessment and will be in touch shortly but all I have received is another email a week later saying the same thing.

Is this the same for anyone else? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Bethgrieveson
Has anyone heard back after their assessment and video interview yet? I done mine on the 9th of this month and received an email the day after saying they are reviewing my assessment and will be in touch shortly but all I have received is another email a week later saying the same thing.

Same thing happened to me. For me i think its because i did the assessment last minute or its because they have an influx of applications that they are going through since it includes a video interview, but i dont think it makes that much sense since im pretty sure the assessment is checked by an ai/bot.
Reply 14
Original post by Bethgrieveson

same for me, did mine over 3 weeks ago now
Reply 15
Can anyone describe what kind of questions one can expect from the video interview in the EY One assessment?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by 678hhh
Can anyone describe what kind of questions one can expect from the video interview in the EY One assessment?

For the practice question, I got asked what I like to do on my spare time
For the 1st question it asked along the lines of 'why this position and why at EY' I think
For the 2nd question, this might not apply to you since I applied for a degree apprenticeship, but it asked 'how would you stay motivated, and balance between work and studies'
Hey guys has anyone been invited to the Experience Day or have been rejected after the Job simulation? My portal says theyre shortlisting candidates i dont know whether that means i've passed the job simulation or not.
Reply 18
Original post by phenhoe
For the practice question, I got asked what I like to do on my spare time
For the 1st question it asked along the lines of 'why this position and why at EY' I think
For the 2nd question, this might not apply to you since I applied for a degree apprenticeship, but it asked 'how would you stay motivated, and balance between work and studies'

Were any of the assessments timed? And were they random or structured?
Reply 19
Original post by sunduvan
Were any of the assessments timed? And were they random or structured?

pretty sure it went like this:
1) Rank what you would do in each scenario
2) Video Interview
3) They give you a skill and u rank how good you are at it
these arent timed other than the Video Interview

the next ones depends on your role, so you might get verbal reasoning, or Numerical
they can be both also
pretty sure numerical is timed, not sure about verbal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending