The Student Room Group

GES placement year interview

Hi, I’ve just got an interview for the government economic service placement year and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on preparing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I got an interview too and have found this thread really useful, hope this helps!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7294814
Reply 2
Original post by damnitdot
Hey,

I got an interview too and have found this thread really useful, hope this helps!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7294814

Thank you!
Have you gotten an email back about the details of the interview yet? such as the date and what the interview will be on?
Reply 3
Original post by Zai786
Thank you!
Have you gotten an email back about the details of the interview yet? such as the date and what the interview will be on?

I got the initial invite one too but yet to receive the actual details
Reply 4
Original post by Zai786
Thank you!

nope no date yet, I'm just hoping that they'll tell me well before the interview.

But the application guidance doc says we'll be tested on*Micro and Macroeconomics, in addition to the Civil Service Behaviour of Managing a Quality Service, through competency style questions.*
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by damnitdot
nope no date yet, I'm just hoping that they'll tell me well before the interview.

But the application guidance doc says we'll be tested on*Micro and Macroeconomics, in addition to the Civil Service Behaviour of Managing a Quality Service, through competency style questions.*

yh im hoping that the interview dates are not too short notice. ill check out the application guidance thank you!
Have you guys gotten your specific interview dates yet?
Original post by ALEXDASNIPER
Have you guys gotten your specific interview dates yet?

Not yet hoping it will be at least a weeks notice
Original post by Zai786
Hi, I’ve just got an interview for the government economic service placement year and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on preparing?

Hope it went okay. Still waiting for my interview date.
Reply 9
Original post by Charliedale

i got my interview date a week ago and its next week. i wonder why you havnt got a date yet
Reply 10

what was your preferred location? maybe it differs based on location
Original post by Zai786
what was your preferred location? maybe it differs based on location

Hi… I was flexible on location. Hopefully I’ll hear this week ! Good luck with yours next week. Let us know how you get on.
Original post by Zai786

Just go over your a level and first year macro and micro topics as this is what the questions are on. Plus the task they set you to prepare for . They are very nice and friendly and will make you relaxed . Enjoy!
Original post by Carcinogen123
Just go over your a level and first year macro and micro topics as this is what the questions are on. Plus the task they set you to prepare for . They are very nice and friendly and will make you relaxed . Enjoy!

Thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by Carcinogen123

thank you! according to the guidance letter there's no task that they have set in advance, only econ questions and behaviour questions
Hey guys I need help on the managing a quality service and do not know where to start
Reply 16
Has anyone completed their interview yet? I just did mine yesterday
Original post by Zai786
Has anyone completed their interview yet? I just did mine yesterday

Not yet mines next week. How do you think it went?
Reply 18
Not yet mines next week. How do you think it went?

It was decent and quite short? The interviewers were all very nice and relaxed but I’m not sure what the outcome is
Reply 19
Where yours online or in person?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending