The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaurenHersey
Going to be doing English Language and Spanish at Essex, Colchester Campus - anyone else going to be there or doing the same subjects? :smile:

Well providing I ace my Media exam on Tuesday, I shall be seeing you there Miss Lauren ;-)
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Anyone hoping to study history or sociology at essex this year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hisengsoc_galpal
Anyone hoping to study history or sociology at essex this year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think I'll get the grades to do history anymore :cry2:
Well looks like my english grade is officially in jeopardy
Original post by SassQueen13
Well looks like my english grade is officially in jeopardy

Didn't know you applied for Essex too :tongue:
Original post by Ndella
Don't think I'll get the grades to do history anymore :cry2:

Really whys that? What history exam did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
Didn't know you applied for Essex too :tongue:

Haha I didn't know you applied either, such a coincidink :wink: You're doing history right? Interesting :tongue:
Really whys that? What history exam did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer needs BBB, but I think I ruined that streak with my English exam today :frown:

Haha I didn't know you applied either, such a coincidink :wink: You're doing history right? Interesting :tongue:

Haha who know! Yes I am, are you applying for English?
Original post by Ndella

Haha who know! Yes I am, are you applying for English?

Yess! :h: That's why I was hoping this exam would go really well :colonhash:
Yess! :h: That's why I was hoping this exam would go really well :colonhash:

I felt then same way after my History retake so I understand, we should just hope Essex will be lenient come results day :redface: When I went to the experience day, one of the students said she got in with BCC through clearing so hopefully we'll be fine!
Original post by Ndella
I felt then same way after my History retake so I understand, we should just hope Essex will be lenient come results day :redface: When I went to the experience day, one of the students said she got in with BCC through clearing so hopefully we'll be fine!

Aw I get you. Yeah Essex is supposed to be pretty lenient with their grades. Not too sure about how it's all going to go though, might end up taking a gap year depending on how I take my results. I'm just drifting now, unsure of what to do lol.
Aw I get you. Yeah Essex is supposed to be pretty lenient with their grades. Not too sure about how it's all going to go though, might end up taking a gap year depending on how I take my results. I'm just drifting now, unsure of what to do lol.

Same here, though my parents will be really annoyed with me. I told them about how the exam went and my mum sounded quite disappointed :s-smilie: Do you have any exams left? Just try your best to make up for English - you may even have done better than you thought!
Original post by Ndella
Same here, though my parents will be really annoyed with me. I told them about how the exam went and my mum sounded quite disappointed :s-smilie: Do you have any exams left? Just try your best to make up for English - you may even have done better than you thought!

I've brought up the gap idea to my parents for a few months now so they won't be too shocked if I mention it on results day, perhaps try and discuss it with them beforehand? Ah yeah I know what u mean, my dad started criticising my exam technique when I told him I nearly ran out of time :colonhash: Yes! You? I will try but my motivation is at an all time low atm -_- You too!
I've brought up the gap idea to my parents for a few months now so they won't be too shocked if I mention it on results day, perhaps try and discuss it with them beforehand? Ah yeah I know what u mean, my dad started criticising my exam technique when I told him I nearly ran out of time :colonhash: Yes! You? I will try but my motivation is at an all time low atm -_- You too!

Ah I should have done that earlier so now they'll feel suspicious :redface: I'll try to speak to them. Dads are always the criticising parents lol, my dad is already reminding me about results day when I want it the last thing on my mind -_- I actually wish I had, my subjects were pretty coursework-heavy this year. Motivational videos will help :smile:
Original post by Ndella
Ah I should have done that earlier so now they'll feel suspicious :redface: I'll try to speak to them. Dads are always the criticising parents lol, my dad is already reminding me about results day when I want it the last thing on my mind -_- I actually wish I had, my subjects were pretty coursework-heavy this year. Motivational videos will help :smile:

Ahhh I get you, some of my friend's parents are dead set against them taking a gap year but she managed to talk em around :redface: I know right haha, my dad was like he'll take a day off in case I need "help on results day" indirecting that I'll have to go through clearing kmt :angry: Results day will be on the back of my mind all throughout the summer holidays :/ Ah yes, I find coursework much easier than exams but strangely enough I do better in exams? :dontknow: Haha I haven't ever watched any, love YouTubers though :tongue:
Original post by Ndella
My offer needs BBB, but I think I ruined that streak with my English exam today :frown:

Ooh yeah I had english yesterday to and I dont think it went well either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh I get you, some of my friend's parents are dead set against them taking a gap year but she managed to talk em around :redface: I know right haha, my dad was like he'll take a day off in case I need "help on results day" indirecting that I'll have to go through clearing kmt :angry: Results day will be on the back of my mind all throughout the summer holidays :/ Ah yes, I find coursework much easier than exams but strangely enough I do better in exams? :dontknow: Haha I haven't ever watched any, love YouTubers though :tongue:

I won't know how to talk them round lol but they'll have to get used to it right? Lol my dad was thankfully at work last year - he didn't even ask about my AS results! But who knows, you may nit even need clearing :smile: I think he'll be around this year too though, but he's dead set on me getting into Essex haha. Really? I find it hard but it's probably because I leave it to the last minute -_-. I've noticed that too, the fact that we have all year to prepare, we somehow do better :smile: which YouTubers do you watch?
[QUOTE="hisengsoc_galpal;48004780"]
Original post by Ndella

Ooh yeah I had english yesterday to and I dont think it went well either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I did the History exam on Monday, which English one did you do? We have to hope for the best at this point :frown:
anybody doing business studies? haha
[QUOTE="Ndella;48008526"]

Oh I did the History exam on Monday, which English one did you do? We have to hope for the best at this point :frown:

Yeahh same I did the cold war, it went okay. I was with aqa for english doing gothic concepts

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending