The Student Room Group

Is this true?!? (MEDICINE)

Is it true that you can only apply for 4 medical schools? Why is this?
Reply 1
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
Is it true that you can only apply for 4 medical schools? Why is this?

Yes, it's true - medicine, dentistry and vet med only allow for 4 applications out of the total 5. The reasons vary, but the most common ones are that it helps you to focus on a particular type of medical teaching style (sounds like crap to me) or (more realistically) it stops admissions tutors from being even more overloaded - application volumes would increase massively. You can make a 5th non-medical application though.

It's similar to the restriction on applying for Oxford and Cambridge simultaneously (apart from in some very specific circumstances) and how applications lose 1 choice when they apply to Oxbridge (stops people sending in an application on the off-chance they'll get an offer)
Reply 2
Because 9/10 of applicants apply to study medicine. :banana: Damn medicine applicants; they're everywhere!!
Reply 3
Original post by Strangey
Yes, it's true - medicine, dentistry and vet med only allow for 4 applications out of the total 5. The reasons vary, but the most common ones are that it helps you to focus on a particular type of medical teaching style (sounds like crap to me) or (more realistically) it stops admissions tutors from being even more overloaded - application volumes would increase massively. You can make a 5th non-medical application though.

It's similar to the restriction on applying for Oxford and Cambridge simultaneously (apart from in some very specific circumstances) and how applications lose 1 choice when they apply to Oxbridge (stops people sending in an application on the off-chance they'll get an offer)

I agree it is pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending