The Student Room Group

Anyone from Spain?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dary_lp
I was invited for an interview but it didn't go well I guess...

:dontknow: I didn't have to interview for any of mine. Not a clue what they look for. I do know a lot of other people that got rejected post-interview stage, remember they will still at interview stage have a lot more applicants than places. It's another way to reject people, even if you do well you still have a chance of getting rejected as that's what they're out to do.
Reply 41
What college did you apply to?
Reply 42
Yo tambien he aplicado ha southampton, tengo la entrevista el 26 de febrero. Tambien he aplicado a Glasgow, exeter y newcastle. Estas tres ya me hicieron una oferta, AAB en Glasgow y exeter y ABB en Newcastle.
Ahh por cierto, yo voy a estudiar biologia marina, no ingenieria jeje
Reply 43
Original post by Nobodyme
What college did you apply to?

Churchill
Hola!! Otra española aquí :biggrin: Apliqué para Ing Química en Sheffield (offer :')), y Newcastle, Nottingham, Edinburgh y Heriot Watt que aún no me han contestado. Alguien más está haciendo Bachillerato por cierto o hacéis todos A levels/IB??
Reply 45
Yo hago Bachillerato
Yo hago Bachillerato

Hola!! Oh bien jaja :biggrin: A que universidades aplicaste? Te piden mucha nota? A Sheffield me ha pedido 9 de media, 9 de Mate y 9 en Química y estoy preocupada porque la verdad lo tengo complicadillo!! A ver qué me dicen las otras...
Reply 47
Bachillerato
Reply 48
Yo de momento solo he sido rejected por Cambridge pero estoy a la espera de respuesta de Imperial, UCL, Bath y Bristol.
Yo de momento solo he sido rejected por Cambridge pero estoy a la espera de respuesta de Imperial, UCL, Bath y Bristol.

Oh :frown: Mucha suerte con las otras!! :smile: Qué vas a estudiar??
Reply 50
A mi me rechazó Cambridge tras la emtrevista, pero tengo oferta condicional
de Imperial, Bath y Southampton, me falta Bristol aun... Está tardando bastante comparado con las otras.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Jajaja que bien que tengas tantas ofertas, a mi tambien me rechazó Cambridge despues de la entrevista.
Quiero estudiar Ingeniería.
Original post by dary_lp
A mi me rechazó Cambridge tras la emtrevista, pero tengo oferta condicional
de Imperial, Bath y Southampton, me falta Bristol aun... Está tardando bastante comparado con las otras.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh :frown: Bueno por lo menos te entrevistaron que ya es bastante difícil yo me sentiría muy importante si me invitase Cambridge a una entrevista jajaj Y las otras también son muy buenas, yo de momento tengo oferta condicional de Sheffield el resto aun no me contestaron :/
Reply 53
Hi there! I'm in Year 1 of Civil Eng in Valencia, and moving to Scotland in September. I've applied for Mech Eng, and Pet Eng basically, or they're at least my best options.
Does anyone know the difference in teaching between Unis here and in the UK? I mean, quality and if it's so theory-oriented like here, which I really hate.
Cheers
Reply 54
Original post by JakBeagle
Hi there! I'm in Year 1 of Civil Eng in Valencia, and moving to Scotland in September. I've applied for Mech Eng, and Pet Eng basically, or they're at least my best options.
Does anyone know the difference in teaching between Unis here and in the UK? I mean, quality and if it's so theory-oriented like here, which I really hate.
Cheers

Here in the UK it is not as theory-oriented as in Spain, though you still have to study and will have exams and things like that which are quite tough. However, you only have between 10-15 hours of classes per week (depending on the degree) and half of those classes are tutorials (small groups with a personal teacher where you're supposed to discuss everything you've learnt so far). The best thing about studying in the UK, in my opinion, is that they literally force you to get an internship and get work experience so that then it's easier for you to get a job once you've graduated. Hope it helps :wink:
Reply 55
Original post by Alemartin
Here in the UK it is not as theory-oriented as in Spain, though you still have to study and will have exams and things like that which are quite tough. However, you only have between 10-15 hours of classes per week (depending on the degree) and half of those classes are tutorials (small groups with a personal teacher where you're supposed to discuss everything you've learnt so far). The best thing about studying in the UK, in my opinion, is that they literally force you to get an internship and get work experience so that then it's easier for you to get a job once you've graduated. Hope it helps :wink:

Thank you very much! Your reply is exactly what I was looking for :biggrin:
Out of curiosity, are you doing an Engineering degree or have you ever studied in Spain?

Out of curiosity, are you doing an Engineering degree or have you ever studied in Spain?

Engineering degrees have some of the higher contact hours, 10-15 applies to most Humanities subjects.
Reply 57

Original post by desdemonata
Engineering degrees have some of the higher contact hours, 10-15 applies to most Humanities subjects.

It's a pleasure to help, I also asked for many things before coming to study in England and wanted to have answers as soon as possible :biggrin: I studied in Spain my whole life and now I'm in my first year at a university in London, but I'm not studying Engineering. However a very close friend of mine is doing Aeronautical Engineering in Bath and she has 16 hours per week (plus two more extra hours of german), and Bath is supposed to be one of the universities with higher contact hours in general.
Reply 58
It's a pleasure to help, I also asked for many things before coming to study in England and wanted to have answers as soon as possible :biggrin: I studied in Spain my whole life and now I'm in my first year at a university in London, but I'm not studying Engineering. However a very close friend of mine is doing Aeronautical Engineering in Bath and she has 16 hours per week (plus two more extra hours of german), and Bath is supposed to be one of the universities with higher contact hours in general.

Okay, great! Thanks again and all the best:king1:

At Lancaster Electrical Engineering gets you 20 contact hours because you have hours long practicals. This is Part II though (so not first year).

Quick Reply

Latest