The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews entry with HND Business

Hi All!

Does anyone know what ones chances are to be accepted with an HND in Business (distinction profile on QCF)? I been directed to the admissions information for HNC/HND qualifications from the admissions office, but thought I´d ask here. I have an excellent reference from my college supported with a good PS and 2 years paid work experience. Anyone know the likelihood of being accepted?

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Mcdermott
Hi All!

Does anyone know what ones chances are to be accepted with an HND in Business (distinction profile on QCF)? I been directed to the admissions information for HNC/HND qualifications from the admissions office, but thought I´d ask here. I have an excellent reference from my college supported with a good PS and 2 years paid work experience. Anyone know the likelihood of being accepted?

Cheers

Hey,
Higher National Certificate

A Higher National Certificate (HNC) is acceptable for Admissions purposes for entry to year one of a four-year undergraduate Honours degree. The HNC should have a minimum of 96 credits at SCQF Level 7 or NCF Level 4 and the content must be relevant to the degree you intend to apply for. Applicants are expected to have a Graded Unit at 'A' to be eligible for admission. Applicants presenting an HNC must also satisfy the appropriate Faculty entry requirements. Candidates under serious consideration are likely to be interviewed and asked to supply one assessed item of coursework in advance of the interview.

Higher National Diplomas

A Higher National Diploma (HND) will usually satisfy the entry requirements for entry to year one of a four-year undergraduate Honours degree programme. The HND should be in a subject relevant to the degree being applied for and with an AB profile on the Graded Units. In exceptional circumstances, a relevant HND will be considered for entry into the second year of a degree programme. Applicants pursuing this route must achieve AA in the Graded Units plus submit two items of assessed work and attend for interview. HND qualifications will not normally be considered for third year entry. Applicants presenting an HND must also satisfy the appropriate Faculty entry requirements.

Hope this explains :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Thanks for the help!

Would this mean that my "english" BTEC HND still is applicable or not? The information on their website only cover the "scottish" HND as they talk about "AA and AB" grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending