The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C_G
My girlfriend used to wear a hijab. She stopped wearing it a few months before we started going out but it never really changed my attitudes toward her and I doubt that I would really care if she chose to start wearing it again.

Aww thats cute :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
hell yeah but maybe cos I'm muslim (culturally)
Reply 42
Original post by shukar
Hello

First time posting on here, do guys find girls who are muslim and wearing a headscarf attractive or not. And if they do are they put off by the hijab.

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, I do.
People including myself have different preferences and tastes when it comes to beauty and attractiveness because it's a subjective concept. A painting might be beautiful to someone and disturbing to someone else.

Frankly speaking, surveying to find out people's preference over a subjective concept isn't a reliable approach, especially if you're going to decide based on majority of responses. Majority isn't always right, an example would be gladiator's fight to the death in ancient time which was ethical and normal by majority of society.

To me, Hijab isn't a tool for attraction but for self-preservation, modesty and self respect. It doesn't mean those who don't wear hijab aren't modest or have no self respect, it just means the whole idea behind Hijab is well-defined in majority of Abrahamic religions (noticed Nuns?). When we talk about seat belt, we know it's a tool to minimize damages in case of car crash. Normally people don't bother if the seat belt matches their tie or fashion. :smile:

So yes, I prefer Hijab over no Hijab as long as it is the lady's choice by heart and belief, not superficial, society pressure or forced against her will.

Hope this helps. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
rough sex whilst pulling a hijab >>>>
Original post by shukar
Hello

First time posting on here, do guys find girls who are muslim and wearing a headscarf attractive or not. And if they do are they put off by the hijab.

Thanks

It wouldn't stop me finding a girl attractive but it would make me think we'd be unlikely to work as a couple since I'm very anti-religious. Similar to if I saw a beautiful woman wearing a 'vote Tory' badge, I wouldn't find her less beautiful, simply incompatible as a romantic partner. I want to stress that in neither instance would I rule out being friends - my closest friends are really quite different from me - but as a prospective person to spend my life with I couldn't see it working.
Original post by GreenArrow
laugh all you want...
Some people here clearly don't know the difference between a hijab and a niqab/jalbaab. Learn...

I already knew the difference, I was just saying how funny I thought it was :tongue:
Reply 46
Yes that's true. I had been wearing hijab for about a year and many people stared at me. They kept on staring and the formula of giving them a mad look won. But thenot I started doing niqab . Only my eyes could be seen in it. Men still gave stares to my eyes. One of my friendstuff did not even show her eyes but people still stared at her.So after all I'll say men will be men. So better to protect yourself by giving a mad look and always go everywhere with your mahram
Reply 47
No just no. I get what you mean just no. Stop starring at the *Halal babies*
Original post by CJKay
Hijab yes, Niqab no (obviously).
With that in mind I don't really approach hijabis.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I personally have never been attracted to a hijab wearer because there's not enough of them to see.

This is the purpose of the hijab in a way so glad to see these comments.
I think they are the most beautiful females on this planet.

The fact that they have the dignity and respect to cover and safeguard their beauty for whomever they choose, is just an honourable and beautiful thing.

So from a perspective of a male, I think hijab is a way of life and gives the individual dignity and honour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
No, it's like they are putting their religion between us, I'd need to be attracted to the religion in the first place.
Reply 51
Original post by Mariam w
Yes that's true. I had been wearing hijab for about a year and many people stared at me. They kept on staring and the formula of giving them a mad look won. But thenot I started doing niqab . Only my eyes could be seen in it. Men still gave stares to my eyes. One of my friendstuff did not even show her eyes but people still stared at her.So after all I'll say men will be men. So better to protect yourself by giving a mad look and always go everywhere with your mahram

How blinded are you by religion? They "stare" because of your strange dress, not because of sexual interest. It's also polite to slightly acknowledge people you pass, instead of looking away. Whenever I see someone disabled or a minority I don't look away because I don't want them to think that I try to ignore out of dislike or pity, so I'm simply neutral. Your eyes arise no sexual desire. But your attire probably causes curiosity (how young is the person? Are parents imposing this? Is she happy or does she feel trapped there?).
(edited 6 years ago)
Shukar, what are your own thoughts on women wearing hijab headscarves? I think they can look nice.
Original post by darknerd
no, with or without in most cases. it always made me laugh becuase most muslim women I saw in uk wearing full burkha with nikab were huge fat women- as if they actually need to cover up from tempting men lol. I think most of these wear it out of habit that anything else.

Also insecurity:biggrin:, not just about triggering the men around them, but body image
Yes duh boys are because they are special and somehow if they don’t our god like us😍
no

difficult for westerners; for example, if it were to come off when kissing ! is it a big probelem ?
As a Muslim I don't really like the hijab or niqab, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of anything.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I personally have never been attracted to a hijab wearer because there's not enough of them to see.

4-yr-old thread but I didn't bump it so the damn near obsession with being found attractive from hijab wearers on here proves the whole women-are-sacred-so-they-wear-the-hijab claim, false. Does it not, planta? :tea:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
4-yr-old thread but I didn't bump it so the damn near obsession with being found attractive from hijab wearers on here proves the whole women-are-sacred-so-they-wear-the-hijab claim, false. Does it not, planta? :tea:

I agree :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending