The Student Room Group

MMA Society

Tried to find one but couldn't,

This is for everyone from those who are MMA athletes, those who love to watch it and even those who know nothing and want to learn more!

Post anything MMA related...

As for myself I am pretty excited with what's coming up for the end of this year in the UFC particularly... There's two huge title fights in 167 and 168 between GSP and Hendricks and Weidman and Silva... Plus there are some other very exciting fights... Should be good! What are your thoughts? Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Really want Silva to win but don't think he will.:cry2:
Also, even if Hendricks does find GSP's chin I still think GSP is the better fighter. If Mcdonald and GSP both win at 167, the division is in trouble.
Reply 2
Hey :smile:
I've been doing martial arts my whole life and am currently on a gap year. I've started training in BJJ and stuff for MMA during my gap year, and am looking to fight Amateur (Probably at WCMMA) before i'm off to uni.

I've become absoloutley obsessed with fighting, to the point where i really dnt care about anything else!

I'm also a big fan of the UFC, I'm hoping Hendricks can beat GSP just to shake things up. I think he can do it, Hendricks is too good a wrestler for GSP to take down and control like he did his last two opponents.

As for Silva...I'm not sure I can see him staying standing with Weidman, and that will probably lead to him losing???
Looks like GSP is gonna lose :lol:
GSP won? :redface:

I think he just retired as well...
Dat decision. Seriously wtf? I was literally 100% certain hendricks won that.
Original post by ShowMeYourSpine

Hendricks definitely landed the bigger shots as evidenced by GSP's face but there wasn't a round where he flat out dominated. Also did you notice but did Hendricks tap earlier? :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by Malevolent
Hendricks definitely landed the bigger shots as evidenced by GSP's face but there wasn't a round where he flat out dominated. Also did you notice but did Hendricks tap earlier? :lol:

Original post by ShowMeYourSpine

I thought GSP won.

Also GSPs faces gets ****ed up if he ever puts on aftershave slightly too hard.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MJ1012
I thought GSP won.

Which rounds do you think he won? I gave GSP rounds 3 and 5, He got rocked in round 1. Hendricks got robbed.
Lawler Vs McDonald was the fight Ellenberger and McDonald was supposed to be.
Reply 9
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Which rounds do you think he won? I gave GSP rounds 3 and 5, He got rocked in round 1. Hendricks got robbed.
Lawler Vs McDonald was the fight Ellenberger and McDonald was supposed to be.

1,3,5 with 1 going either way, I don't think he got rocked in round 1, in round 2 he did though. It was not a robbery in the way MMA is scored, however Hendricks won his rounds by a larger margin than GSP but that doesn't matter in this sport unless it is a 10-8 which none of the rounds were. Man I was pissed with Ellenberger in that fight, such a poor performance.
Reply 10
UFC is going down the toilet fast - when its started (along with PRIDE) it featured some of the worlds best combat martial artists and wrestlers in their own disciplines. GSP is prob the last of those now in the ufc. Now all it produces is beefed up 'mma' knuckle heads that are jack-of all trades who don't do any specific thing particularly well. Jon Jones is the only fighter of note in ufc that isn't already past it. Not to mention the yearly rule changes banning this punch or that kick each time- soon all that will be left is tickling and face-slapping. no wonder Dana white brought in women wrestling to ufc- might as well just sell the whole franchise to WWE and be done with it
When I look back at it I think round one could have actually gone either way. The scoring system isn't done on how mashed up your face is. Whilst I feel that Hendricks just edged round 1 I have nothing wrong with it going the other way. Hendricks made the mistake of not really showing up last round, had he done then it would have been night night.
Reply 12
When I look back at it I think round one could have actually gone either way. The scoring system isn't done on how mashed up your face is. Whilst I feel that Hendricks just edged round 1 I have nothing wrong with it going the other way. Hendricks made the mistake of not really showing up last round, had he done then it would have been night night.

Hendricks has been annoying me after the fight "I was only punching 70%" etc.
Dana's really pissing me off now as well :mad:

Original post by Meat
UFC is going down the toilet fast - when its started (along with PRIDE) it featured some of the worlds best combat martial artists and wrestlers in their own disciplines. GSP is prob the last of those now in the ufc. Now all it produces is beefed up 'mma' knuckle heads that are jack-of all trades who don't do any specific thing particularly well. Jon Jones is the only fighter of note in ufc that isn't already past it. Not to mention the yearly rule changes banning this punch or that kick each time- soon all that will be left is tickling and face-slapping. no wonder Dana white brought in women wrestling to ufc- might as well just sell the whole franchise to WWE and be done with it

Don't be silly.
Original post by MJ1012
Hendricks has been annoying me after the fight "I was only punching 70%" etc.
Dana's really pissing me off now as well :mad:

Don't be silly.

Mhmmm its been all a little to ridiculous :lol:

The way Dana acted was atrocious.
Reply 14
Mhmmm its been all a little to ridiculous :lol:<br />
<br />
The way Dana acted was atrocious.
<br />
<br />
I would love him to step down to be honest. Hopefully the ufc can find someone in between an ******** and a robot.
I'm just tired of the uproar of "robbery" when the reality was it was a tough fight that could of gone either way but rightfully went to the champion imo.

Oh well bring on fox 9 and 168 :biggrin:
Hunt vs Bigfoot was a war! I thought Hunt won, but Im glad he didnt lose. Looking forward to next weeks card.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Hunt vs Bigfoot was a war! I thought Hunt won, but Im glad he didnt lose. Looking forward to next weeks card.

My god it was such a good match, I thought Hunt just edged it but I'm not mad that it was a draw. They both earned FON honors big time :lol:

Waiting for Rousey Tate 2 now, want to see if Tate can get Rousey finally into the second round.
Reply 17
My god it was such a good match, I thought Hunt just edged it but I'm not mad that it was a draw. They both earned FON honors big time :lol:

Waiting for Rousey Tate 2 now, want to see if Tate can get Rousey finally into the second round.

Loved that fight!!! :biggrin:
Everyone seems to love Hunt. But seriously, 168 is coming up and you're looking forward to Rousey-Tate? Have you seen the main event?:woo:
Rousey-Tate is an after thought. But I'm not a huge fan of womens mma to be fair. :redface:
Hunt - Nelson next please, I don't care about rankings....
Original post by MJ1012
Loved that fight!!! :biggrin:
Everyone seems to love Hunt. But seriously, 168 is coming up and you're looking forward to Rousey-Tate? Have you seen the main event?:woo:
Rousey-Tate is an after thought. But I'm not a huge fan of womens mma to be fair. :redface:
Hunt - Nelson next please, I don't care about rankings....

I want to see if Rousey can break Tates arm :rofl:
Reply 19
I want to see if Rousey can break Tates arm :rofl:

Lol, we all know she can and most probably will, mighty embarrassing for Tate though if she does it's hardly Rondas secret weapon :teehee:
Maybe Ronda will let Edmonds ego get in the way and try and stand and trade. I think Tate is far from the best in the division anyway so even if she wins she won't have the belt for long. Although, I massively hate Ronda, so come on Tate! :woo:

Also Fox 9 was looking so good a few short weeks ago, now it's pretty average.:cry2:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest