The Student Room Group

Only female in class mma

I went to an all levels muay thai class yesterday with a friend and I really enjoyed it even though it was something I had never done.

My friend assisted me to the class so I could see what it was like however sadly due to other commitments they won't vbe able to attend any future classes.

I would like to go back and it put me out of my comfort zone however at the class I was the only girl and everyone else seemed to be more than a beginner. My fear is I don't want to go back and then basically be left out as I don't know anyone or to be partnered up with someone who is really good and finds me as a bad partner as I'm a beginner.

My goal is not to compete but to do it for fitness. I was contemplating just buying the equipment second hand and then going back to the classes when I felt a bit more confident.

What do you suggest?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Misszeus
I went to an all levels muay thai class yesterday with a friend and I really enjoyed it even though it was something I had never done.

My friend assisted me to the class so I could see what it was like however sadly due to other commitments they won't vbe able to attend any future classes.

I would like to go back and it put me out of my comfort zone however at the class I was the only girl and everyone else seemed to be more than a beginner. My fear is I don't want to go back and then basically be left out as I don't know anyone or to be partnered up with someone who is really good and finds me as a bad partner as I'm a beginner.

My goal is not to compete but to do it for fitness. I was contemplating just buying the equipment second hand and then going back to the classes when I felt a bit more confident.

What do you suggest?

You enjoyed the class.
As it's an "all levels" class, people attending will expect there to be a mixture of abilities. And everyone's a beginner at some point!
Keep going you'll get better and it's nice to meet new people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest