The Student Room Group

University of Exeter- Applied (Clinical) Psychology Interviews!?

Hi, I was just wondering if any past/present students from Exeter have been through the interview process for psychology?? Any tips or what to expect would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
I've got an interview for applied clinical psychology in December, nervous :/
Reply 2
How long did it take for Exeter to reply to your application? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by clare54
How long did it take for Exeter to reply to your application? :smile:

4 days for them to tell me I had an interview :smile: then had the interview today!
Reply 4
how was the interview? got mine tomorrow and wondering what the group and individual interviews were like? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by poogeamy
how was the interview? got mine tomorrow and wondering what the group and individual interviews were like? :biggrin:

Interview was absolutely fine! All went really well. The interviewers are really nice and only ask about 4 questions :smile: there's no need for any nerves, because it just feels like a normal conversation
Reply 6
aw thankyou so much! did they let you know when they will make their decision by? also where else have you applied?:biggrin:
Reply 7
aw thankyou so much! did they let you know when they will make their decision by? also where else have you applied?:biggrin:

Nope they don't tell you, but I read somewhere that after an interview they try to get back to you within 2 weeks :smile: I've applied to Exeter, Leeds, Durham and Plymouth. Got an offer from Durham and Plymouth, and got a rejection from Leeds (my hometown) :frown: haha. Only waiting for Exeter now :biggrin:
Reply 8
Aw right okay! I hope they reply quickly I get so impatient! Aww cool well done! :biggrin: I've applied to Exeter, royal Holloway London, Birmingham, Durham and Kent so I'm just waiting for Exeter's final decision now too :smile: Exeter or Royal Holloway would be my first choice so I'm really hoping the interview goes well tomorrow! I just hope nothing too specific is asked about depression or in the individual interview :frown:
Reply 9
Aw good hopefully we will both get one! aw thankyou so much for your help I feel so much better now! haha yes I will tell them that I will most certainly accept their offer :biggrin: did you talk about your strengths and weaknesses as a person or include things like academics, sport etc? thankyou again!
Reply 10
Very much hope so! No problem, it's good to help, even though you might get a place instead of me :wink: I said for me personally, not involving academics, sports etc. No problem, pm me tomorrow to tell me how it went for you! :smile:
Reply 11
aw okay that's great! hehe don't be silly hopefully we will both get them! yeah I will do, thankyou again for all your help! will pm you tomorrow! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Glad your interview went well! I applied about 2 weeks ago and haven't got a reply yet, I'm getting so impatient! Exeter's my highest one and I'm sort of expecting a rejection but I'm hopeful! How long did it go on for?
Reply 13
Don't expect a rejection! They will probably interview you, and 80% of applicants get an offer so don't worry! The group session is around 20-30 minutes including the video, and the individual one is only 10 minutes :smile:
Reply 14
I think they do interviews in 2 batches - the December ones last week and some in February I think? So don't worry about not hearing back yet! Also the staff were all so lovely and kind, I was shaking like a leaf at my interview but they make you feel so welcome and it's just like a chat, nothing too grilling! Best of luck!:smile:
Reply 15
They are doing 6 days of interviews (25 people roughly each day) I had my interview last Thursday and just got an offer today!
Reply 16
Original post by Lkatm
They are doing 6 days of interviews (25 people roughly each day) I had my interview last Thursday and just got an offer today!

Same here! So happy! Which group were you in for the interview?
Reply 17
I'm guessing that I won't hear back until after Christmas now! I wish I'd sent mine off sooner but I was deciding on my choices, looks like I missed out on being considered for December interviews! But thank you, and well done on your offers! Hopefully I will be getting one soon... :smile:
Aw right okay! I hope they reply quickly I get so impatient! Aww cool well done! :biggrin: I've applied to Exeter, royal Holloway London, Birmingham, Durham and Kent so I'm just waiting for Exeter's final decision now too :smile: Exeter or Royal Holloway would be my first choice so I'm really hoping the interview goes well tomorrow! I just hope nothing too specific is asked about depression or in the individual interview :frown:

my top choices are exeter and royal holloway too! Just have to hope that my exeter interview goes well!
What kind of questions do they ask in the interview? Is it specific psychology knowledge or more general aspirations?

Quick Reply

Latest