The Student Room Group

2014 Nottingham Panel Interview 20th November

Hey, just made this thread so we can discuss the interview on the 20th at nottingham, they've changed their interview process to panel inerviews this year, there's 5 different stations and each of those takes 7 minutes each. I'm feeling very overwhelmed and out of my league at the moment, i was just wondering if anyone could help me with interview questions or tips, this is pretty much my only option apart from medway.

Also, general nottingham pharmacy thread.
Reply 1
Panel interviews are the normal interviews where you sit in front of a panel of people for your whole interview, i think station interviews tend to be called multi mini interviews. And I thought it was 5 minutes at 7 stations? Anyway I'm feeling the exact same way, I knew it was going to be difficult but not like this, it sounds like everyone is in the same boat though. It's definitely the ultimate way of seeing how people cope under a LOT of pressure :frown: I don't even understand what some of the stations are!
Reply 2
Original post by demetria
Panel interviews are the normal interviews where you sit in front of a panel of people for your whole interview, i think station interviews tend to be called multi mini interviews. And I thought it was 5 minutes at 7 stations? Anyway I'm feeling the exact same way, I knew it was going to be difficult but not like this, it sounds like everyone is in the same boat though. It's definitely the ultimate way of seeing how people cope under a LOT of pressure :frown: I don't even understand what some of the stations are!

So the nottingham interview is MMI? And i know right, it sounds very difficult, if anyone could explain the stations that would be really helpfu
How was the interview guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I just got a date for my Nottingham interview and its on Dec 4th and got this list of the 7 stations :
Knowledge of pharmacy
Ethical dilemmas
Science of pharmacy
Professional values
Calculations
Communication skills

any tips guys??
Reply 5
Don't be intimidated by the new MMI and group thing (which is actually quite fun and everyone has an equal chance to take part) or the rep of nottingham asking awkward questions, personally I found it all very straightforward and the interviewers are lovely :smile:
Reply 6
Oh and also if people are going with any guests make sure they have something to do for 5 hours. I felt awful for my dad because I thought he'd only be left for like 2 hours max but he wasn't allowed into the intro speech and there wasn't a chance to invite him on the talk, tour and Q&A thing either so he pretty much just sat there on his phone for 5 hours
Reply 7
Original post by demetria
Don't be intimidated by the new MMI and group thing (which is actually quite fun and everyone has an equal chance to take part) or the rep of nottingham asking awkward questions, personally I found it all very straightforward and the interviewers are lovely :smile:

What were the stations like? Like what did they consist of? Please help.
Reply 8
Original post by rosexo
What were the stations like? Like what did they consist of? Please help.

A lot easier than the names make out, any that mention science in the name are just AS bio/chem questions, the rest are very straightforward too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending