The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust Neuro-Immune Interactions PhD ( 2023 entry)

Hello,
Has anyone heard back from the Wellcome Trust yet?
Original post by GeeNuABO
Hello,
Has anyone heard back from the Wellcome Trust yet?

I applied there at the same time as for the Wellcome Advanced Therapies for Regenerative Medicine for which I received an interview invite on December 22nd... However I saw that Neuro-Immune extended their deadline to January 10th (right after November 14th deadline) so I assume they will assess all applicants together. Hopefully we will hear something next week
Reply 2
Original post by nnnnsssscccc
I applied there at the same time as for the Wellcome Advanced Therapies for Regenerative Medicine for which I received an interview invite on December 22nd... However I saw that Neuro-Immune extended their deadline to January 10th (right after November 14th deadline) so I assume they will assess all applicants together. Hopefully we will hear something next week

Alright thanks - Good luck!
Reply 3
I haven't heard back either. But I did apply during the extension time-frame.
Reply 4
I tried contacting the admin team to confirm that the shortlisting date is still 20th January, but I haven’t heard anything back
Reply 5

Hi! Just out of interest - I saw that the ReGen programme also extended their deadline to 26 January. Has your interview been scheduled for after January?
Hi! No I actually had my interview yesterday. All candidates who applied before the November deadline are interviewed this week and candidates from January deadline have an extra interview date in February. They told us that the extension was due to some technical problems some students might have encountered (?). Still no news from the admin?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Hi! No I actually had my interview yesterday. All candidates who applied before the November deadline are interviewed this week and candidates from January deadline have an extra interview date in February. They told us that the extension was due to some technical problems some students might have encountered (?). Still no news from the admin?

Thanks for the reply! Nope no news from the admin yet unfortunately :frown: I hope your interview went well!
Reply 8

Whatever this error was, I thank God for it. I never knew the program existed (and all other Wellcome Trust studentships) until January.
hahah good for you! I actually first assumed that they extended the deadline because they didn't have as many applicants as expected...no idea though
Did you receive anything?
Reply 11
Nope nothing yet - it’s looking like I haven’t been shortlisted unfortunately

Did you receive anything?
(edited 1 year ago)
No, I haven't received anything either :frown:
Reply 13
Me neither. I applied at 08/11. Still being processed, but I think it failed.
Reply 14
I got rejected earlier today. Good Luck to everyone else!
Reply 15
Original post by 6085
I got rejected earlier today. Good Luck to everyone else!

I got rejected too :frown: it kinda sucks that they don't give any feedback

Good luck to you all!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
Hi
I'm applying for the Neuro-Immune PhD programme for 2024 entry
Is there any way I could see your application just so I get an idea of what to do ? And what to avoid ?
I'd really appreciate it
Reply 17
Hi is anyone able to detail what the interview process was like, what kind of questions they asked and what to expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending