The Student Room Group

(Year 12 students) How much homework do you get a week?

I'm curious as to how much homework you get because I barely have time for extra reading with the homework I receive but I suppose it's the 'right' amount. How much homework do you get a week and how do you manage your time so that you get that + extra reading done? (:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by whisperingtears
I'm curious as to how much homework you get because I barely have time for extra reading with the homework I receive but I suppose it's the 'right' amount. How much homework do you get a week and how do you manage your time so that you get that + extra reading done? (:ThanksPosted from TSR Mobile
I get at least 2 pieces a night, most of the time it's Spanish which is incredibly boring but there's so much to learn and I guess the only way to get through it is to do a lot of practise. My other subjects biology, chemistry and statistics are more equal, eg. Chem homework for one of my teachers is set Monday and due Friday, although any work not finished in class is always homework. Sometimes I get a mammoth load like this week, (I counted it up and it was 19!!!) if it's a sheet or a few exam questions I try to get it done on the night because it doesn't take long but if it's a research style hw or a lot of questions I do it over a few days. Extra reading/work has kept being put off because I've got so much hw the past two weeks but I try to fit in at least 20 mins every night (better than nothing!) usually at the weekends I can properly concentrated on extra reading but I guess it's just how you organise your evenings really, eg. I can't get much work done on a Monday night due to volunteering. everyone I've spoken to at school agrees we get too much, I'm intrigued to know what other schools are like and whether they're better or worse!
Rarely any. But I got some to do today. I don't like the homework as it interferes with my own revision, which I spend a few hours on a day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending