The Student Room Group

A Level Study Leave

We finish content for all subjects by the end of next week. Then my school have said our ‘study leave’ starts from May 15th and in lessons we will be doing class revision sessions.

However, as someone who cannot revise in a group I find this quite unfair lol. I never get any revision done in school and use most my time at school for completing homework/lesson tasks. I would really benefit from having even a week extra at home to revise independently but my school just doesn’t offer it.

I was thinking of contacting my school and asking them if I would be able to revise at home from the start of May. I doubt they’d agree but I think it’s worth a shot considering my exam grades and lesson attendance have been good.

Also, would it be stupid to just call in sick for the 12 days in May that I would have to come in. I remember my math teacher telling me once about how after the year 13s finish content there’s normally students who don’t come in until the exams, but surely there would be consequences for missing that much time? I wouldn’t want to not come in and have the risk of my parents getting fined or anything so I just wanted to ask for other peoples opinions/experience or see if anyone is in a similar situation.

I am positive that I will get so much more done at home but I just don’t know how my school will take it. I don’t know what to do, any advice will greatly be appreciated.
Hi. Your thread was posted in the Advice on Everyday Issues section, so I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
I'm completely the same as you - I cannot revise in school. Would it be possible to ask to study at home? If you say you'd work much better at home, they might let you

Quick Reply

Latest