The Student Room Group

can't stop thinking about this girl...

Need some advice.

I'm in my final year at university and I was doing an internship over this past summer and living in student accommodation with other people from the same company. While I was there I saw a girl who's face I recognised from uni and found out she was living in the same building as me, although she wasn't working for the same company as me. I'd never spoken to her before or knew her name and didn't know where exactly she was staying in the building. In the 10 weeks I was there, I only saw her a couple of times and never found a chance to say hi which I kinda regret now.

After finishing for the summer and starting back at uni I'd all but forgotten about her. Until one afternoon at uni I was doing some work in a computer lab with a group of friends and overheard another group talking behind us on some computers. I didn't take much notice at first but eventually turned around and saw that very same girl and she was looking back at me and we held a gaze for a few seconds. I was caught a little off guard and looked away becoming a little flustered. I waited to see if she stayed but she left along with her group a while later. Then the very next day, I went into another computer room to see her sitting there but again with her friends. I had planned to try and strike up a conversation saying I recognised her but she left not long after I got there. This was a few weeks ago now and I haven't seen her since.

Through matter of luck, I recognised her picture on facebook as we have a mutual friend and it turns out they are on the same course at uni, although I rarely see this friend but at least I know her name now. It may not come across like much but I really want to have the chance to meet this girl and I'm just unsure about how to do this. I guess I have considered talking to this mutual friend to find out more about her and where she might be at uni but wasn't sure if that would come across a little weird considering I've never actually "met" her.

Any advice guys?
Reply 1
Original post by barnster19
Need some advice.

I'm in my final year at university and I was doing an internship over this past summer and living in student accommodation with other people from the same company. While I was there I saw a girl who's face I recognised from uni and found out she was living in the same building as me, although she wasn't working for the same company as me. I'd never spoken to her before or knew her name and didn't know where exactly she was staying in the building. In the 10 weeks I was there, I only saw her a couple of times and never found a chance to say hi which I kinda regret now.

After finishing for the summer and starting back at uni I'd all but forgotten about her. Until one afternoon at uni I was doing some work in a computer lab with a group of friends and overheard another group talking behind us on some computers. I didn't take much notice at first but eventually turned around and saw that very same girl and she was looking back at me and we held a gaze for a few seconds. I was caught a little off guard and looked away becoming a little flustered. I waited to see if she stayed but she left along with her group a while later. Then the very next day, I went into another computer room to see her sitting there but again with her friends. I had planned to try and strike up a conversation saying I recognised her but she left not long after I got there. This was a few weeks ago now and I haven't seen her since.

Through matter of luck, I recognised her picture on facebook as we have a mutual friend and it turns out they are on the same course at uni, although I rarely see this friend but at least I know her name now. It may not come across like much but I really want to have the chance to meet this girl and I'm just unsure about how to do this. I guess I have considered talking to this mutual friend to find out more about her and where she might be at uni but wasn't sure if that would come across a little weird considering I've never actually "met" her.

Any advice guys?

Add her on Facebook, it's really not as weird as you think it seems.

Just say that you recognise her from seeing her around and it just so happened that she popped up on the "recommended friends" list. And then chat to her.
Reply 2
Original post by barnster19
Need some advice.

Any advice guys?

you pick up your man card and stop getting ringed by this bitch
Reply 3
Can't you ask help from this mutual friend? You could either ask this friend to tell her that you have been willing to talk to her for some time but never had the chance; or that he organizes a meeting between you both indirectly, by having a party at his place for example and invite her so you could meet her there, as by coincidence, and get to know her :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending