The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Currently hanging out with kcl dental students at their soc meeting
please can someone reply to the messages if they know when kings are sending out interview invites. This wait is killing me!
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Currently hanging out with kcl dental students at their soc meeting

please can someone reply to the messages if they know when kings are sending out interview invites. This wait is killing me!
My friends dad is one of the professors there and he said by Christmas :smile:
Yeah so fingers crossed everyone :smile:
Original post by melina97
Oh wow, really?? That must be amazing! Thank you, x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a colleague who said it's post Xmas unfortunately :frown: however no one actually really knows! Lol but everyone's drunk and they have a candy floss machine! Haha
Haha, oh okay! I don't mind waiting actually, just got my fingers crossed! Aha, oh wow that must be super fun x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it was until they started watching elf. Lol so now I'm drinking double vodkas with a colleague. Lol.
[QUOTE="arbucks;52109603"]
Original post by BigBangTheory1

Super scary to think that they're sending out their interviews within 11 days! Omg...

Posted from TSR Mobile

fingers crossed :rolleyes:
Reply 1988
Original post by Shaz xx

Phoned kings twice, they said at earliest mid-december, so hopefully some time next week. :smile:
Haha, oh! 😂 oh wow, how old are you by the way? Good luck with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 24 :-)
Reply 1990
I appreciate how typically girly this question is, but anyone with an interview at Leeds know what they're wearing?? Struggling to find the line between a suit and smart/casual!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sb321
I appreciate how typically girly this question is, but anyone with an interview at Leeds know what they're wearing?? Struggling to find the line between a suit and smart/casual!! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a dude and I might wear a shirt, skinny tie, normal suit trousers and a black jacket/coat over it. I'm gonna wear a full on suit if my idea seems weird when I wear it lol.
Reply 1992
Original post by karrar247
I'm a dude and I might wear a shirt, skinny tie, normal suit trousers and a black jacket/coat over it. I'm gonna wear a full on suit if my idea seems weird when I wear it lol.

Just to clarify is this for the leeds interview? I am also struggling with what to wear! I spoke to a friend who had an interview last year and he said shirt and pants was what most people wore.
Original post by RBG96
Just to clarify is this for the leeds interview? I am also struggling with what to wear! I spoke to a friend who had an interview last year and he said shirt and pants was what most people wore.

Yh for Leeds
Reply 1994
Yh for Leeds

have you had replies from any other unis or know when they respond? I've applied for sheffield, manchester and newcastle.
Original post by RBG96
have you had replies from any other unis or know when they respond? I've applied for sheffield, manchester and newcastle.

I've applied to Dundee, Plymouth and Kings.
I know for a fact that Manchester have already sent out interviews which took place a few weeks ago (no idea if theyre giving out more I've just seen others have them).
Newcastle have sent out interviews for January and I think they are still sending some out (not 100% sure).
I have no idea about Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
people with leeds interview: do we have to email the admission team to let them know if we want to have the campus tour on the day of the interview?
I've applied to Dundee, Plymouth and Kings.
I know for a fact that Manchester have already sent out interviews which took place a few weeks ago (no idea if theyre giving out more I've just seen others have them).
Newcastle have sent out interviews for January and I think they are still sending some out (not 100% sure).
I have no idea about Sheffield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard back from Dundee?
Original post by universityapp
Have you heard back from Dundee?

Yh got an interview but had to reschedule it. They said they're gonna send me the January dates sometime before Christmas :smile:
Original post by sb321

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! To my Leeds interview I wore a plain black short sleeved dress with a white collar, black tights and flat shoes. I also was carrying a plain black cardigan!
I got an offer from that interview (not this year obviously!)
All the guys were in suits, or at least suit trousers and shirts if not the blazer and tie. And all the girls on my day were pretty much the same as me, not a full on suit and blazer but still nice and smart! Hope you have something suitable and don't have to buy anything!

Quick Reply

Latest