The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything from Sheffield, Bristol, Cardiff or Liverpool?
Original post by MartinLaird
Same to you pal! you would thoroughly deserve it!!!

Be sure to drop me a message if you got any interviews and if we happen to (God willing) get interviews for Glasgow be sure to introduce yourself to me!
take care.

As will you, it's bound to turn out well for you!
I will do, let me know how you get on too! Just a big waiting game for us now I guess!

Definitely haha! Thanks :smile:
Original post by DampSquid
Anyone heard anything from Sheffield, Bristol, Cardiff or Liverpool?

I've applied to Sheffield and Cardiff aswell! Haven't heard anything yet though!
Reply 583
I've applied to Liverpool, Sheffield, Cardiff and Plymouth this year..has anybody been on any interview courses/workshops for dentistry? If so, were they good?
Original post by nishab_
I've applied to Liverpool, Sheffield, Cardiff and Plymouth this year..has anybody been on any interview courses/workshops for dentistry? If so, were they good?

I'm going to the SIMA medicine and dentistry interview day. It's being held at imperial college London on Saturday 29th November :smile:
Original post by nishab_

I'm planning to go to a Dentistry interview course day offered by PassDental in King's on the 9th November. It's kind of pricey.. £140 so I don't know if it's just a big rip off or if it will actually be worth it. PassDental offers the same course in other cities so check out their website if you're interested :smile:
guys when do interviews start coming out roughly?
Original post by nikhil95
guys when do interviews start coming out roughly?

I think it's going to be in mid-November at the earliest for UKCAT unis?
Guys is there anything I have to do for UKCAT to send my scoring to my chosen universities?
How does it work? They don't know what unis I applied for? Does it connect through ucas or something???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Guys is there anything I have to do for UKCAT to send my scoring to my chosen universities?
How does it work? They don't know what unis I applied for? Does it connect through ucas or something???

Posted from TSR Mobile

"After the UCAS application deadline has passed (15 October 2014), we liaise with UCAS and obtain from them information regarding the Consortium Universities you have applied to. We then communicate your test result directly to your chosen Universities usually during the first week of November. You do not need to pass your test result to your Universities yourself." - from pearsonvue website. :smile:
(http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/about-the-test/results/)
Hi guys
Hope you're well, I just made student room specifically for this thread lol!
So is this the official Dentistry stalking page or are there usually different threads for each university?

Original post by costa_chic
Hi guys
Hope you're well, I just made student room specifically for this thread lol!
So is this the official Dentistry stalking page or are there usually different threads for each university?

Welcome! This is the thread for Dentistry 2015 Applicants where you can discuss dentistry and the application in general. There may be other threads which are university specific or you may wish to make one for a particular university if it hasn't already been made :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys does anybody know when Bham and cardiff start giving interviews out??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I understand that cardiff require 8A* for gcse for medicine. Does this gcse requirment apply to cardiff?

Thanks
I
Original post by Miladrises
Hi guys,

I understand that cardiff require 8A* for gcse for medicine. Does this gcse requirment apply to cardiff?

Thanks

I assume your asking about the GCSE requirements for dentistry?

Their website states this: "All applicants must satisfy the current GCSE requirement. We expect grade As in English Language, Mathematics, Science, Additional Science (including the Double Award)."

It also says this: " GCSEs - to include

Science Grade A, Additional Science A, English/Welsh Language A, Mathematics A. (from 2015)"

Remember these are minimum requirements and a lot of applicants will exceed these.
Does anyone know when any of the following uni's sent out interview invitations last year?

Sheffield
Liverpool
Manchester
Bristol

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got the letter from UCAS yet confirming here they have applied?

and has anyone been able to log onto track yet?
Original post by mo_sudani
anyone got the letter from UCAS yet confirming here they have applied?

and has anyone been able to log onto track yet?

I haven't received a letter yet, but I've had acknowledgments via email from all the unis I've applied to.
I've been able to log in to ucas track without any problems, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gaga123
Anyone taking BMAT for Leeds? Im struggling :frown: How much weight is it holding for the application?

I am 😊 What are you struggling with? When I called them up they said it only benefits your application, so if you get a good score they're more likely to reconsider your application after the scores have come out and invite you for interview.
Reply 599
I phoned leeds twice and they said that the BMAT is not used for selection for interview as this is a trail year. They are just looking to see how useful it is, however if you narrowly miss out on an interview and you have a really good score then they may offer you an interview simply on your BMAT score.

Quick Reply

Latest