The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosie2015
Oh okay that's good to know! Thanks! :smile:

No worries. Current year 2 dentist. If you need any help with interviews just ask :smile:
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
No worries. Current year 2 dentist. If you need any help with interviews just ask :smile:

Thank you! I'll let you know if the time comes! :smile:
Thank you! I'll let you know if the time comes! :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Well I haven't been rejected yet but I didn't receive an invite to interview so I'm guessing that's what it could be

To be fair completely fair too, some of those they do interview in February do fall below the 'official' cutoff for UKCAT.
Original post by Blobar
To be fair completely fair too, some of those they do interview in February do fall below the 'official' cutoff for UKCAT.

Oh okay so there's still hope! I loved plymouth when I looked round and I'm so annoyed because I was above for every category apart from decision analysis :frown:
Original post by Blobar

Not exactly true. Some schools do interviews in batch processes. People interviewed later have no significant lesser standing than those earlier.
Oh okay so there's still hope! I loved plymouth when I looked round and I'm so annoyed because I was above for every category apart from decision analysis :frown:

Read my reply to Blobar.

+ There will usually be a couple dozen offers left to make after December interviews. If your application is strong enough, which I think it is considering it is better than what mine was, you should stand a good chance at being invited for an interview.
Not exactly true. Some schools do interviews in batch processes. People interviewed later have no significant lesser standing than those earlier.

I just based it on pure example, someone who got a UKCAT of 550 last year got an interview and an offer at Plymouth, considering that last year the UKCAT avg were a lot higher too I just assumed lol.

PS they only look at UKCAT for interview anyway.
People gotten interviews at manchester amd cardiff too but not me :frown:
Original post by Miladrises
People gotten interviews at manchester amd cardiff too but not me :frown:

Are you sure people have received interviews at Cardiff already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if Manchester are sending out anymore interviews? :s
Read my reply to Blobar.

+ There will usually be a couple dozen offers left to make after December interviews. If your application is strong enough, which I think it is considering it is better than what mine was, you should stand a good chance at being invited for an interview.

Oh okay that's good to know :smile: I won't get my hopes up but I guess no news doesn't necessarily mean rejection yet :')

Exactly the same here but with quantitative reasoning! So frustrating! Hopefully they do interview people in Feb with lower scores :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Rosie2015
won't get my hopes up but I guess no news doesn't necessarily mean rejection

This.
Just found my Plymouth interview offer in junk mail 😅😅 thought i had been rejected
Does anybody know when Sheffield and Liverpool give out interviews?
Original post by Blobar

couldn't you say that they will be giving out interviews through out next week? surely not everyone got their interview on Friday
Original post by annarachel
Exactly the same here but with quantitative reasoning! So frustrating! Hopefully they do interview people in Feb with lower scores :s-smilie::s-smilie:

where did you find this years cut off point for UKCAT?
Reply 998
Original post by mo_sudani
Just found my Plymouth interview offer in junk mail ������������ thought i had been rejected

oh wow! you must have been so stressed not thinking you received one when it was in your junk mail all along! :smile: haha I've got an interview there too. good luck and well done!!
Reply 999
Original post by ssaahhaanndd
where did you find this years cut off point for UKCAT?

a TSR member called them and got the following information for Plymouth Dentistry:

the overall cut off is 2280 (570).
the individual cut offs:
500 - Verbal Reasoning
620 - Quantitative Reasoning
570 - Abstract Reasoning
560 - Decision Analysis.
apparently you have to meet the overall cut off as well as each individual sections cut off.

this info can be found on this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2968799 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest