The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asfoi
When I rang dundee she told me they have a weighting of 60% academics and 40% ukcat. Dunno if they really mean that though, because they use the personal statement as well- not sure how much weighting ps carries. Last years average ukcat was I think 650 or summat, so if you got a similar score or higher then you should be fine. Hope this helps :smile:

How do they look at academics? because surely all you need is the minimum requirements?
Original post by Lau123ren
No not at all , I have 7a*s 2a's in my gcse's and 4 a's at as level with predicted grades A*AA at a level , my ukcat is 627.5 and I have two weeks work exp in a general practice and one day in an orthodontist , good luck with your application :smile:

Thanks so much! Congrats on your interview!!
Original post by Lau123ren
Just got an offer for manchester and they have me an option for December dates which are really soon or February / march dates , does anyone have any advice for which dates would be best?

Congrats on your interview, that's amazing! Just wanted to ask, is there a reason why they gave you a choice between december and feb/march, or are they giving everyone this option?
Original post by PythagorasRex
Congrats on your interview, that's amazing! Just wanted to ask, is there a reason why they gave you a choice between december and feb/march, or are they giving everyone this option?

Thanks so much , I'm coming from Ireland so they said as they knew I was travelling that I could choose but I'm not sure are they offering it to everyone!
Interview with dundee!
Original post by nikhil95
Interview with dundee!

Seriously? Congratulations! When did they email? I'm waiting to hear from them :frown: losing hope though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Seriously? Congratulations! When did they email? I'm waiting to hear from them :frown: losing hope though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same:frown:
Original post by arbucks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just now but their dates are the same time as plymouth so I don't know what I'm doing now :s-smilie:
Original post by arbucks

What?! What did they email you saying? If you don't mind me asking 😊
Just got an interview from Dundee!!
Original post by Dusautoy1939

Congrats!!! That's great! Do you mind me asking what your stats were?
Any news from Sheffield, Liverpool, Bristol or Cardiff? 😭💩
Original post by DampSquid
Any news from Sheffield, Liverpool, Bristol or Cardiff? 😭💩

Ive applied to Sheffield and Cardiff from those 4 And I haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dusautoy1939

That's fantastic! Did the email come through on the Dundee email address they gave you? And what are you stats if you don't mind sharing

Posted from TSR Mobile
She's my bbfl! She got 9a* at a level and 15a* at gcse and an a in further further maths - she got a UK cat of 885..decision analysis was only 840 :frown:
Original post by LookIts_Liam
She's my bbfl! She got 9a* at a level and 15a* at gcse and an a in further further maths - she got a UK cat of 885..decision analysis was only 840 :frown:

9 a* at a level? Do you think we're thick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phoned the admissions at Dundee in my panic and they said they have sent some invites today but this is just the first batch of them. The lady claimed the rest would be over the "next week or two." So don't be disheartened if you haven't yet recieved one!phew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Phoned the admissions at Dundee in my panic and they said they have sent some invites today but this is just the first batch of them. The lady claimed the rest would be over the "next week or two." So don't be disheartened if you haven't yet recieved one!phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew thanks!
Original post by Turnip17
Congrats!!! That's great! Do you mind me asking what your stats were?

8A*s 3As at GCSE (As in Chemistry, Geography, History)
Undeclared ASs
4 weeks work experience
667 in UKCAT
AAA prediction (Biology, Chemistry, French)

I've also applied to Bristol, Glasgow and Newcastle, but haven't heard anything as of yet :smile:
Original post by arbucks
9 a* at a level? Do you think we're thick

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yes if you think knowing her stats will help you to get your interviews :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest