The Student Room Group

The 4th dimension?

Can someone help me understand the 4th dimension, I've tried looking on YouTube, but it all doesn't really make sense, one said we can't see the 4th dimension, so how are we supposed to visualise it without a starting point. Is a 4d object, made of 3d objects? If that is so, that'd be like a rubix cude, I don't understand, anyone link me to any good sites or vids that explain it?
Cheers?
Reply 1
Original post by Sphodromantis
Can someone help me understand the 4th dimension, I've tried looking on YouTube, but it all doesn't really make sense, one said we can't see the 4th dimension, so how are we supposed to visualise it without a starting point. Is a 4d object, made of 3d objects? If that is so, that'd be like a rubix cude, I don't understand, anyone link me to any good sites or vids that explain it?
Cheers?

Yeah the point is that you cannot visualise it... in the physical world, the fourth dimension is time-like and we are constrained to move in one direction in it.

Try doing maths in multiple dimension (>3) it becomes fun :tongue:
Original post by natninja
Yeah the point is that you cannot visualise it... in the physical world, the fourth dimension is time-like and we are constrained to move in one direction in it.

Try doing maths in multiple dimension (>3) it becomes fun :tongue:

Ohh I think I understand. Then the only way for us to time travel for to have the universe projected onto a plane and join two sides into a tube,
I'm supposed to be a 3D artist yet I can even understand 4th dimensions and these 4th dimensional lizards that can see the 4th dimension, if that's true then my bearded dragon must be able to see it! 0_0 I genuinely saw a video where he was talking about these lizards! Never trust YouTube.
Wow, would love to see, but I only got a B in maths.
Reply 3
Original post by Sphodromantis
Ohh I think I understand. Then the only way for us to time travel for to have the universe projected onto a plane and join two sides into a tube,
I'm supposed to be a 3D artist yet I can even understand 4th dimensions and these 4th dimensional lizards that can see the 4th dimension, if that's true then my bearded dragon must be able to see it! 0_0 I genuinely saw a video where he was talking about these lizards! Never trust YouTube.
Wow, would love to see, but I only got a B in maths.

Erm... nope... and erm really nope... Lizards cannot see in the fourth dimension... sorry...
Original post by natninja
Erm... nope... and erm really nope... Lizards cannot see in the fourth dimension... sorry...

Ahh man! I should stop believing what the YouTube people say, they full of ****!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending