The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Like RR I would really advise you to vary your choices somewhat. People I know have 4ish A*s at GCSE, the rest A's, 4A's at AS, and still only got into 1 place for law having applied to 4 unis out of your definite 5. I got rejected by Durham, with 5As at AS (no GS) and 8A*s 2As at GCSE. Then again in fairness someone I know of got into the college I applied to with quite a lot worse grades than that.
chandni
Ummmm.... I dunno about that coz most people I've met over the course of this year have AAA or the equivilent in IB points or whatever and I've spoken to quite a lot of people in my class this year!

Well, ok. I only know a few people from both of these uni's doing law - they got AAB, apart from one. However, I am sure you would know more than me- I was simply going off experience.

I'll rephrase: It is possible to get AAB and attend somewhere like Sheffield/Newcastle, both of which are very good universities.
Reply 42
I'm a little confused about something. Lots of people on this thread talk about how they (or someone they know) got great AS results but still got rejected. However, I thought that (with the exception of Oxbridge) universities didn't know your AS results?? If that is the case, as long as you are predicted AAA at A2, how do the AS results matter?
Reply 43
i worried the choices you already have you havent really got an insurance, sure QMUL is AAB, but you need at least one that is ABB or even BBB imo, just in case.

Latest

Trending

Trending