The Student Room Group

This is the most difficult time in my life..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by zaback21
Yes of course.

do you think we should just wait?
Original post by Anonymous
see when i think about this..
either its just the beginning phase of love where people get all lovey dovey and cant stop talking to each other
or maybe its just lust..

i'm so confused right now

i just want to know whether it is true love and if its worth waiting for..
or am i being immature and getting too attached?

Honeymoon phase - all the butterflies and excitement - but it is only a phase.

Only you know how serious you feel towards the person - not me or other TSR people or your parents.

If you think you could really love them then I think that is far too important in life to ignore.

That being said - not all teenage relationships go the distance (see quote below)

More importantly however is that you learn to prioritise your studies - love life, health issues, bereavements etc - you still need to be able to get good grades!

This is definitely not helping the OP, you probably just confused her. And your case is very rare as teenage people are not always the best judge of love and life. I definitely don't feel the same way I felt when I was younger and I definitely can't stand the girl I thought will give my life for when I was a teen. Now when I think of it, I was like seriously, you wanted to be with her.

Imagine the scenario, we (me and my teenage gf) got into serious relationship, perhaps got married or her pregnant and now I can't even stand her. That's why time and maturity is important for some and perhaps most.
i'm afraid to talk to him again because i don't want to break my mum's trust
but also, i'm scared of saying goodbye.. i might sound like a baby but seriously, saying goodbye will feel painful..

do you think i should give it a few days/weeks?

and then maybe talk to him properly about how we go about this?

Obviously, things are pretty heated up right now..
See how you feel, and talk to him when you've calmed down.
Reply 43
do you think we should just wait?

Yes, study first, go to uni. You need to experience life and travel the world before you decide on anything.
Reply 44
Original post by Punishmen
I think to get over him, if that's what you want, it's important to give yourself closure with some sort of goodbye. Once you've decided you want to stop thinking about it, maybe you could discuss with your mum and get permission to end it for yourself, or else you can't concentrate. If it's your first relationship it can feel really awful, but although it's hard to believe now, you will get over it.

To be honest with you, I don't want to get over him.
I really like him, my day is so weird without talking to him..
However, I know that you can get over someone within time. (sometimes I wonder am i at the stage of passing from immaturity to maturity because i can differenciate between right and wrong, but don't want to..if you know what I mean)

let's put it in simple terms; I am aware that this is not the right time for me to be talking to a guy seriously, because I have about 4 years of education left..
I am also aware, that my family's 'reputation/honour' can be on the line..
However, I can't control my feelings..and it just hurts.
Original post by akash11
Are you Muslim or Indian by any chance?

Don't know if you realise but it's possible to be both lol.
Reply 46
Original post by JungleeBilli
Obviously, things are pretty heated up right now..
See how you feel, and talk to him when you've calmed down.

thanks hun, sounds like a plan..
I've tried so hard to not talk to him for the past few days.. so I guess I could wait some more..
only then will I realise if it is actually meant to be..
Reply 47
Yes, study first, go to uni. You need to experience life and travel the world before you decide on anything.

okay thanks..
he's always said to me 'i'm scared you will find someone else at university and forget about me'..- everytime i've told him we should stop talking for the sake of our parents..
because ive discussed with him a few times its too soon, and we should leave the 'seriousness' for later on in life when the time is right
Reply 48
okay thanks..
he's always said to me 'i'm scared you will find someone else at university and forget about me'..- everytime i've told him we should stop talking for the sake of our parents..
because ive discussed with him a few times its too soon, and we should leave the 'seriousness' for later on in life when the time is right

Yep. That's the right decision.
Reply 49
Original post by DoctorInTraining
Honeymoon phase - all the butterflies and excitement - but it is only a phase.

Only you know how serious you feel towards the person - not me or other TSR people or your parents.

If you think you could really love them then I think that is far too important in life to ignore.

That being said - not all teenage relationships go the distance (see quote below)

More importantly however is that you learn to prioritise your studies - love life, health issues, bereavements etc - you still need to be able to get good grades!

i think only time will tell..
Reply 50
Yep. That's the right decision.

thank you :biggrin:

there's one thing he always says, which i didn't pay much attention too..
but now i am starting to consider it..
he says things will not be the same anymore if we stop talking now and start again after a few years..
is this true?
thanks hun, sounds like a plan..
I've tried so hard to not talk to him for the past few days.. so I guess I could wait some more..
only then will I realise if it is actually meant to be..

Yeah. As hard as it sounds (and I am talking from experience) just put your mind elsewhere. Like your mother and other TSR members have argued, work damn hard in your education. If he and you are meant to be, the guy will understand and definitely not force you into doing the wrong thing.
You do know you can study AND text boys, right?
Reply 53

he says things will not be the same anymore if we stop talking now and start again after a few years..
is this true?

No. Its not. You can always start again.

is this true?

Probably.

But no one knows about the future.

You could keep talking and still grow apart. You could stop talking, start again in the future, and still end up being together....who knows?

The best you can do is try....

Yeah. As hard as it sounds (and I am talking from experience) just put your mind elsewhere. Like your mother and other TSR members have argued, work damn hard in your education. If he and you are meant to be, the guy will understand and definitely not force you into doing the wrong thing.

What's "the wrong thing"?
Reply 55

aww thanks :smile:
yeah man, i need to work my ass off..
i'll be honest i got side-tracked during gcse's should have got straight A's, but got mostly B's lol

I guess I need to work my butt off for this final year at sixth form..
as mum says only then will Allah reward me with a good life partner..
Reply 56
Original post by snowyowl
You do know you can study AND text boys, right?

full attention wouldn't be on studying then though would it?
full attention wouldn't be on studying then though would it?

If you're adult enough to be in love then you're adult enough to manage your time properly between studying and a boyfriend, so that neither suffers.
aww thanks :smile:
yeah man, i need to work my ass off..
i'll be honest i got side-tracked during gcse's should have got straight A's, but got mostly B's lol

I guess I need to work my butt off for this final year at sixth form..
as mum says only then will Allah reward me with a good life partner..

Does this mean that you've found your answer?

Your education comes first and you're going to achieve your best ever? :biggrin:
Reply 59
No. Its not. You can always start again.

thanks

Original post by ¯\(°_o)/¯
Probably.

But no one knows about the future.

You could keep talking and still grow apart. You could stop talking, start again in the future, and still end up being together....who knows?

The best you can do is try....

what if he meets someone else lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending