The Student Room Group

Yellow Cards

Scroll to see replies

Original post by addylad
There doesn't seem to be any discretion either. 'If in doubt, give one out.'

And the mods have a track record of being utterly unhelpful in AAM. They remind me of school prefects.

You were very forthright and matter-of-fact in AAM the other week; why so coy on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly, I've already given you rep today :frown:
Original post by pmc:producer
:lol: you sound like Nick Clegg!

On a serious note, we've established (albeit indirectly) that you don't think that's right - so hopefully you raise some questions with the men at the top!

I'll stop annoying you now! Of course I was doing so on purpose :innocent: but your diplomacy's impressed me!

Good day Illusionary!

I've not said that - please don't misrepresent me.
Original post by addylad
There doesn't seem to be any discretion either. 'If in doubt, give one out.'

And the mods have a track record of being utterly unhelpful in AAM. They remind me of school prefects.
This is your impression of your experience in AAM only - please don't extrapolate this to cover all members' feelings.
You were very forthright and matter-of-fact in AAM the other week; why so coy on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've said as much as I'm permitted to on the public forums. As I said, the community team may view it as appropriate to say more, but I can't.
It's really annoying that Maid Marian quoted me back and I can't see the post but it's still on the notifications thing, this was an hour ago. Why is it still there?
And the blue cards do come thick and fast... A lot more frequent than the older 'warnings' - when let's face it, they are warning points dressed up (considering they can accumulate and end in a ban). I think I got four in 2 days... I'm a nice guy as well. What a terrible shame!

I don't think I've seen any increase in the rate that cards are handed out vs the old warning system... or at least I haven't increased the rate I hand them out.
Original post by rmhumphries

As the message says when you receive that card, posting 'Troll lolololol' is non-constructive posting. It can cause arguments, if the OP is *not* trolling, then you are likely to upset them, and it doesn't add anything constructive to the thread. If you think the OP is trolling, ideally report it, or if you don't want to, just leave the thread alone.

Right, so one should never question the truth of a story behind a question?

You're irritating a lot of your members with this 'no negative thoughts here' shtick. If someone says something questionable, the post should be, you know, questionable, as we question it by saying that they're trolling. If someone says something possibly other than seriously, one should be able to suggest that they are not serious without going out of their way to avoid the word 'troll', which, as the highly experienced and competent community team must realise, is very normal language on the internet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AMYC1999
It's really annoying that Maid Marian quoted me back and I can't see the post but it's still on the notifications thing, this was an hour ago. Why is it still there?

Sometimes they stick around, I guess it's a bug. You can get rid of it by clicking the 'hide all' button on the notifications tab :smile:
Original post by Illusionary
I've not said that - please don't misrepresent me.
This is your impression of your experience in AAM only - please don't extrapolate this to cover all members' feelings.

I've said as much as I'm permitted to on the public forums. As I said, the community team may view it as appropriate to say more, but I can't.

Firstly, I'll stop misrepresenting you when you have the balls to represent yourself with a 'yes I agree' or 'no I disagree' response.

And secondly, (to addylad) - feel free to extrapolate that point of view to this user right here too. (And a few others in this thread)
Reply 67
It would be very useful to know exactly which post the mods or a person reporting the post had a problem with for future reference

The reasons I receive for my blue and yellow cards are generic ones that tell me little about which of my posts have broken the rules
Original post by Illusionary

Absolutely, after all I have no evidence. The proof was deleted in the thread about the new card system, when many a user complained about AAM. Edit: and where did I extrapolate? Please don't extrapolate my post to aid your point.

It is, however, acceptable for mods to harp on about how open and honest they are in AAM. The same mods that have never been on the receiving end of a warning/card (rightly or wrongly).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by incipientT
I don't think I've seen any increase in the rate that cards are handed out vs the old warning system... or at least I haven't increased the rate I hand them out.

I appreciate your response, however, I have personally had four blue cards in the matter of days... Despite going months with the odd warning here or there.

I assume when the novelty of cards wears off, the mods will chill out with the issuing. It's refreshing to hear that you've not changed though. :smile:

Click the 'hide all' button, it will clear all your current notifications, but you will still receive new notifications.
Original post by aeon439
It would be very useful to know exactly which post the mods or a person reporting the post had a problem with for future reference

The reasons I receive for my blue and yellow cards are generic ones that tell me little about which of my posts have broken the rules

Common sense isn't applicable here! :teehee:
Original post by rmhumphries
Click the 'hide all' button, it will clear all your current notifications, but you will still receive new notifications.

Thanks for telling me :biggrin: Will do it now :smile:
I appreciate your response, however, I have personally had four blue cards in the matter of days... Despite going months with the odd warning here or there.

I assume when the novelty of cards wears off, the mods will chill out with the issuing. It's refreshing to hear that you've not changed though. :smile:

It's worth bearing in mind that whether you get warned for post also depends on whether people report you or not- it's possible that people are reporting more now (I don't know if that's true or not though)
Sometimes they stick around, I guess it's a bug. You can get rid of it by clicking the 'hide all' button on the notifications tab :smile:

Thanks Incip (not used that in a long time)
Common sense isn't applicable here! :teehee:

Sooner or later the mods will call you or I a troll and I shall report them.

:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Right, so one should never question the truth of a story behind a question?

You're irritating a lot of your members with this 'no negative thoughts here' shtick. If someone says something questionable, the post should be, you know, questionable, as we question it by saying that they're trolling. If someone says something possibly other than seriously, one should be able to suggest that they are not serious without going out of their way to avoid the word 'troll', which, as the highly experienced and competent community team must realise, is very normal language on the internet.

You can challenge a user without being offensive. Just saying something like "0/10" or ":troll:" is not questioning the truth of the story, it is saying you think the user is making stuff up to get a response. If they are not, this is fairly hurtful. If you challenge what the user has said (and so actually question the truth of the story as you want to do), then as long as you do so without insulting the user, your post won't get deleted or carded.

"Normal language on the internet" is fairly subjective. I imagine you wouldn't find it much on mumsnet for instance.

Original post by aeon439

If you go to your community record, and *left-click* the link to the post there, it will appear in a small pop up so you can see what post you were warned for. If you still have trouble, come to AAM and we can quote the post.
It's worth bearing in mind that whether you get warned for post also depends on whether people report you or not- it's possible that people are reporting more now (I don't know if that's true or not though)

Of course! Maybe a mix of the two? Who knows!

Thanks. :tongue:
Original post by addylad
Sooner or later the mods will call you or I a troll and I shall report them.

:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not unless we get cards for 'offensiveness' first - that umbrella that seems to contain everything and anything (at the mods discretion of course) :teehee:
Thanks Incip (not used that in a long time)

You're welcome (for both the name and the thanks :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending