The Student Room Group

How would you react if you bumped into somebody who use to bully you ?

Scroll to see replies

I haven't really seen many people from my old school, which is weird because it's not like I've moved away or anything. The one time I did see one we spoke on cordial terms. I simply spoke about how considerably more successful I had been from them. It was nice and passive aggressive and no violence, but I knew it made them feel terrible because they were obviously uncomfortable by the end.

It just proves you don't have to get violent to hurt those who deserve it the most.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
It was glorious.

I was head and shoulders taller than him. He was fat, I was muscly. I had my girlfriend with me, he was on his own. I had dressed nice that day and he was in holey trackies.

Me: 'Hah you got fat'
Him: 'Yeah...'

Literally all that we said to eachother.

Really unlucky for you that you were upset seeing her OP, but you know where she works... maybe go back with a big group of friends and get one to say something like 'Hahaha she works in a chippy' :h:

absolutely made my day, good for you

and how tall are you now
Reply 22
I would act indifferent, then if she made any sign of knowing me, i would be all like 'sorry do i know you?'
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Not really bullying to say something 100% truthful to someone once in a public setting, between two 20something adults though is it? And considering this is the guy who gave me a scar from stabbing me I'm not too fussed. The real world is horrible, kids shouldn't have to know that but any adult who is reaping what they sowed deserves it in my opinion.

If someone stabbed me I'd seriously consider stabbing them back :O x
Reply 24
It depends on the location. I've walked past bullies from former workplaces at different times and on the one occasion I took pleasure from the fact the one looked sheepish as if he felt a bit guilty and another I pointed him out to the person I was with in the supermarket as he walked past us (seemingly oblivious of me) and said what an obnoxious **** he was loudly but all he did was put a mock shocked expression on his face as he walked on. This type of reaction made me feel more worked up and wished i could have done something physical to him. I did feel as if I wanted to react more strongly but felt like the power dynamic where I was the bullied person again came back and I felt weakened by it.

Sometimes I fantasise about being in a situation whereby I have something one of my past bullies wants or I have the power in some kind of interaction, like them wanting to buy my house and me being able to say '****, off I'd burn this house down before I sold it to a **** like you!' Just some way in which I could get even and have the power or just have my say. I generally just loudly point them out to the person I'm with though, although it doesn't happen often.

Sometimes people I've just known in the past have glared at me and acted like they hate me for some reason, as if to say 'Don't even think of speaking to me!' and I used to feel cowed by it but these days I'd give them a glare back of nuclear proportions!

I've noticed that most people are often on speaking terms with their bullies which always confuses me as surely a bully is someone who doesn't want to pass the time of day with you(?)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aeon439

I've noticed that most people are often on speaking terms with their bullies which always confuses me as surely a bully is someone who doesn't want to pass the time of day with you(?)

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean while they are getting bullied or do you mean like several years after they leave school or wherever?
Reply 26
This LITERALLY happened to me on Friday. I bumped into this girl who used to torment me and pretty much made it her mission to make my life a living hell. Granted this was a while ago (the last three years of primary) but it significantly ruined my primary experience/early years of secondary to the point where I don't even like to reminisce about it.
She made it her mission to alienate me from everybody who I considered a friend and somehow made them all hate me, to the point where I'd just linger around or not even go out and just read indoors. Well back to the main story -

I saw her in Boots and I was shopping with a few friends, I'm pretty certain she saw me because we shared some pretty awkward eye contact, but she seemed embarrassed and moved away pretty fast. I like to think that despite how horrible the experience was, it made me stronger and realise that some people you encounter will set out to hurt you (sometimes for no apparent reason). But when you see the person who made your life a living hell for the first time in ages it does have a pretty big internal effect on you. I started shaking and went really quite and pale, and my friends noticed and helped me to calm down.

So yeah...it wasn't a great experience, but looking back at the primary experience I'm glad that it's made me a person with thicker skin and prouder of who I am, despite what others think. This was kind of hard for me to post so please be nice, curious to hear other people's stories :smile:
Reply 27
hahaha, the mods of tsr got bullied at school--who would have thunked it?!

on topic: I've never been bullied due to my naturally intimidating physique

bullying is just a process of natural selection
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
I started Sixth Form and I met a guy who was pretty cool, lets call him Daniel. A few days after we began, Daniel saw a guy who used to bully him in high school. Daniel had no idea this bully was coming to the Sixth Form. Daniel just wanted him out of his life and soon the bully came over as he recognized him. I was there when they were talking (extremely awkward conversation) and the bully tried acting like everything was cool. Eventually Daniel just said that he didn't want to talk to him anymore and the bully sort of accepted that.

I haven't seem them near each other since (it's a big sixth form, 500 per year)
I'd ask how it feels to be facing 30 years of saying 'do you want salt and vinegar on that'.
Reply 30
Original post by Maid Marian
I'd just completely blank them and pretend I don't know them.

This.

Oh and Merry Christmas Miss Claus :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean while they are getting bullied or do you mean like several years after they leave school or wherever?

Both

They seem to be being taken seriously on some level in other words, seeing as the bully sees fit to speak to them if they come across them some time after

People who bully me never want to talk to me and would always be tending towards continuing the bullying behaviour or ignoring me completely. I'm never seen as a legitimate person to speak to in other words.

I also experience a lot of non-verbal bullying that is hard to prove to others
(edited 10 years ago)
I got bullied heavily at primary school. I didn't like going out to town for years afterwards in case I bumped into the guy.

Now I'm on track to becoming a lawyer. He got fat and now lives at the pub.

EDIT: I've heard he does a great Elvis impression though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by TurboCretin
I got bullied heavily at primary school. I didn't like going out to town for years afterwards in case I bumped into the guy.

Now I'm on track to becoming a lawyer. He got fat and now lives at the pub.

Well done! :smile:

Even better if you had to prosecute a court case involving him!
Reply 34
Original post by TurboCretin
now lives at the pub.

HAHAHAHA great one.
Reply 35
I was never bullied physically as I was always no lower than average in height before breaching 6 foot in year 11. That being said I was a nerd and somewhat intimidated at times.

If I saw such people now I'd be nice but if they took the piss or tried to intimidate me again I'd floor them and repeat the line from Gladiator.. 'in what world could you ever hope to be better than me'.
Ignore them, I'm not gonna talk to that mofo. Maybe give them the finger

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jesus loves Me !
absolutely made my day, good for you

and how tall are you now

Hah that's partly the best part, I'm not even that tall, about 5'11/6ft :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ben_K
This.

Oh and Merry Christmas Miss Claus :smile:

:smile: Merry Christmas to you too! :h:
Original post by aeon439
Well done! :smile:

Even better if you had to prosecute a court case involving him!

I'd rather represent his doctor in a medical negligence case.

Quick Reply

Latest