The Student Room Group

Best place to meet potential girlfriend?

Hi I'm 19, in my second year of Uni and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice where the best place to meet a potential girlfriend would be.

To be honest I've been longing for a girlfriend for a while (months now) and I honestly feel like just giving up. I've tried looking through friendship groups, my course, my sports team or just random encounters and I've had no luck. I've even turned to online dating but all the free ones just seem to be vanity fests with people either just not interested or nobody I'm interested in.

Maybe the problem is me being picky, but I don't want to just settle. I've got a few friends in relationships and I really want that intimacy and loving thing they've all got going on. Thanks
I'm in the same position, but you can't really just go out looking.
Reply 2
Engineering social.
Reply 3
No such environment.

Even the classiest, kindest, sweetest of girls will still go to a club or student party, so unless we're talking STI clinic or underground Fight Club, there's no location that particularly types are the only people.

Better yourself. Improve yourself. Rather than coming from a begging frame, change it to a frame of "I am the sex worthy guy who is constantly becoming better - anyone is a candidate, but I have to be ready".
Reply 4
It's a game of chance, just do what you find fun and if you meet someone so be it. Don't go joining sports clubs and social events just to meet women.

Just get on with your life.
Reply 5
Looks like the advice listed so far is, "you don't".
So basically, get used to being single because it could last a while.
Reply 6
Join clubs & socs that girls are likely to be members of and which you can sit down and have chats at? Ballroom dancing soc, caring type socs (Amnesty, conservation, that sort of thing) ...
Reply 7
Met my new girlfriend (official on the 29th) through online dating. I was lucky, but it is a viable avenue to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anywhere but a (night) club...
Nothing like an ideal place, if it happens it happens. Sometimes persistence does pay off though. One piece of advice i'd offer though, do not chase the wrong girls, and if you do find someone yo're compatible with, do not hesitate to cuff her and commit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending