The Student Room Group

Summer jobs for students in France?

I'd like to improve my French by spending time there this summer. Getting a job seems to be the way to go, as not only do you get fully immersed in the language and culture, you get a salary, unlike with, say, a language course, which I also was considering. After having read many negative reviews of useless, expensive language courses with terrible host families etc, however, getting a job definitely seems to be the more appealing option. I've been scouring job sites and have even found numerous jobs in international environments like holiday camps (such as Eurocamp.) However, all the jobs I've found seem to be excusively for over-18s. As a high school student with no qualifications (apart from my DELF B2), and being under 18, what are my options? Has anyone been in my situation and succeeded in finding a job? Being an EU citizen it shouldn't be too difficult, but my age always seems to be an issue. If anyone has any suggestions or experience, I'd be more than happy to hear it. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I will be 17 in Summer and a friend and I want a part-time job in France, it seems tough because unemployment is high in France atm
I've been looking for the same thing but because I'm only 16 it seems like I'm going to have to wait until I'm over 18. I found out about a travel group called Halsbury Travel and they do work experience trips in half-terms and end of term holidays and I'm going on one to Spain Spring half-term. It costs around £500 I think and although i haven't gone yet the reviews seem to be good and it seems the only chance to actually get immersed in the language/culture at our ages. You get to list preferred working environments so they try to give you what you want (restaurants/hotels/retail are common because you actually get the chance to talk a lot in these environments). They do the same in France/Germany/Italy too and although its only a week its something :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending